Wednesday, January 6, 2016

the thatcher addition.



Sweet baby number four came with so many emotions and excitement!  Having Thatcher has been significantly easier than it was adjusting to having Felicity.  Not that Felicity was a hard baby, quite the contrary.  Felicity was an easy happy go lucky baby that was pleasant and sweet and that the most incredible hair you every saw on a tiny human being!  No, no…it was the fact that I had three kids under the age of four.  Tessa was four and in preschool and Hudson was barely two.  My hands were full to say the least.  It was a constant struggle of them all wanting/needing something all different things at the very same time.  I was definitely not even treading water.  

Now, this being a completely different situation, I am so much more prepared and ready for this new baby!  With my YOUNGEST being four and my oldest being almost nine when I had Thatcher, things are so different and so amazing in lots of ways.  Hudson and Tessa are both in school ALL day and Felicity is in preschool three days a week.  And all three are pretty independent and self sufficient.  It's great and I have three ready and willing helpers, especially Tessa.


And Thatch has actually been a pretty hard baby.  For the first three months, he cried all the time, for really no reason.  Thankfully, crying babies don't really bother me for the most part, so I got through it. And the biggest tender mercy is the fact that he has slept through the night, mostly, since he was two weeks old!  Which really helped the crying all day bits.  Now, at almost five months, he is a delightful baby and is such a joy in my life!  Since I have done this three other times, I really feel like I am enjoying babe so much more and savoring all the little moments of cuddling and flirting with him!  My mom was kind of getting after me about letting him fall asleep on his own, verses relying on me, but I quite enjoy rocking him to sleep every night and for most naps.  I know this won't last forever, so I am happy to hold him endlessly til he falls asleep.  It's my excuse for a break throughout the day and I'll be sad someday when I won't have that anymore!  Thatch is my little buddy and after a long crazy day, his smile and coos are what get me through it all!  


So I took these pictures when Thatcher was I think 15 days old.  I like to always do newborn photos under two weeks.  The younger the better.  But with him being so fuzzy and the kids school schedule, it was hard finding time to them.  Thankfully the Lord heard my prayers, and I was able to get these gems and I love them!   



No comments: