Thursday, January 7, 2016

gettin' through it

I came across these pics…Since I haven't blogged for SO long, I thought it would be fun to randomly look back and post pics of the past few years!  
 (I don't remember this eating cereal moment, which happened a lot, but those sweet little faces make me smile! September 25, 2012)

Today was quite a day.  It started rough, which it often does.  Mostly Hudson's unpredictability.  He was on three time outs before school even started, one of which lasted a good 20-30 minutes.  Then we had his weekly Behavioral Therapy session with Dr. Field (a wonderful man).  I expressed that I feel like we have back tracked and all of the problem areas were becoming a problem again.  He was very frank and told me that if I wasn't consistent and on top of things now, he would be at least 5 to 6 times worse when he becomes a teenager.  As he was saying this, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, holding back the tears.  Not to mention, later in the conversation, I asked him if my kids were typical "normal" kids and with Hudson, he said no.  Hearing all of this, was definitely hard and felt like a low blow, but I didn't get down.  I managed to still be productive and have a good day.  I know I have challenging kids and it takes a great deal of effort and creativity to keep things in order in my house, but I know its worth it and I hope and pray my efforts aren't in vain.

October 30, 2012 - Felicity age 15 months
 Oh that sweet face.  And oh that incredible hair!  I miss that curly out of control hair sweeping to and fro across her head.  It was always wild and free and matched her sweet and pleasant disposition!  I remember we were at Tessa's school when Tessa was in Kindergarten for her Halloween costume parade!  Felicity was an angel through the whole thing, of course.
This picture makes me chuckle!  She was/is such a ham and I love every single thing about this photo!

2 comments:

Courtney Barros said...

Hey I'm so happy to see you popping up in my Feedly! You and your family are just beautiful!

Ms. said...

nikki we need to have a weekend together! For real I want to snuggle you. I can tell you straight up the behaviors are extremely stressful etc. My oldest has autism (autism spectrum) and I can tell you it is very challenging. Anyways for real I love you and we should get together and snuggle