Friday, January 15, 2016

Thatchers birth part 2.

 This isn't a very good pic, but this is the essence of motherhood right here.  My oldest and youngest in my arms.  I felt pure joy and completeness…having these two in my life and all that lye between them are years of countless hard and joyous moments.  I am thankful for all the experiences that have definded me as a mother.  It's the hardest thing I have EVER done, but even with that said, I am full of gratitude and thanksgiving for my life and each of my blessings!

 Hudson was SO excited to meet Thatcher!!  My whole pregnancy, he would tell me that he just wanted to see his face and he would say, "Mom, I just want to know what his face looks like."  Or, "I wonder what he is going to look like."  Seeing that smile on his face says it all!  I think his little 5 year old heart grew that day...


 Colby and Erin came by with the kids to see the baby and when Erin held Colby, he flipped.  It was stinking hilarious!  It was like Colby was saying, "How could you mom!!"  We were all busting up!
 Oh that hand on his face.  Babies are magic.  End of the story.  They can make all the problems and the yuck in life go away.  I LOVE BABIES!!!  (I just struggle with the pregnancy and them destroying my body part.)
 Our first family picture together!  This is one happy family!
 My favorite thing is when they are first born and their face is all puffy and swollen from birth.  They are so perfect and beautiful.  He looks so peaceful here.  I love him.

 I wanted to get a good still pic of him in his little bed, but what can I say, the kid likes to cry!  He was a crier for a good three months.  Thankfully, crying babies don't really bother me, so it wasn't too bad!

 One of the highlights of my hospital stay was having a pizza party with the kids and my brother.  My brother drove all the way from Provo to see me and the babe in the hospital, which meant SO much to me.  We just all hung out and had a great time crowding around Thatcher and spending time as a new family again!

 Felicity's reaction was so precious.  She was so thoughtful and content when she held Thatcher for the first time.  I love that sweet happy smile and her gentleness with him, even at four years old.  She is definitely an old sole!
 I could not be where I am today without this stud muffin.  He is my everything and I am so thankful of the experiences that we have shared together.  There are really no words to describe those tender intimate moments when our babies have been born.  The spirit is SO strong and its as if heaven and earth are one for a few precious minutes.  There were a couple of times in the hospital when he was holding Thatcher and he just started to cry tears of joy and amazement.  It was so beautiful to see him that way and I love him for those special moments!

2 comments:

Emily Wolf said...

I love all of these pictures!! It feels like I was almost there. Thatcher is perfect and you and Jason are rockstars!!

Kimberly said...

Don't you love how our rough, manly men can also be soft, tender, and in-tune with their emotions? Such a sweet memory to have!