We went to the beach one day and then to Chinese food for dinner (doesn't everyone do that camping?!!) We also went to the tide pools, which Jay had never seen before, so that was cool:) And of course Easter morning, we had an Easter egg hunt in the rain in the redwoods!
During the day, it was awesome, we went to the beach, went exploring, hung out around the fire, but at night.....it was a WHOLE different story. The kids had the hardest time sleeping because we were all together. The whole weekend both kiddo's wanted daddy and wanted nothing to do with me! Both nights they slept on the air mattress with Jay. At that point in time, I was thankful that I wasn't the favorite parent! The second night it poured ALL.NIGHT! It was awful. It didn't let up once...and I don't know if you've ever gone camping in the rain, but it is the loudest sound against a tent. So I barely slept the both nights and while it rained on that second night, I just laid there and watch a puddle form above my head all night...It was truly a lovely experience (sarcasm definitely intended:)
We had planned on going to church there with everyone, but with the rain, lack of sleep, a sore mommy, and very tired kids, we decided to head home early Sunday morning and go to church at home. Then after church we were able to do our traditional Easter dinner and easter egg hunt at Grama Hoxie's house! It was a crazy, fun, and exhausting weekend...I'm glad we were adventurous and tried something new!
Hudson and Tessa had a blast at the beach. That first picture of Hudson were how the majority of the pics I got of him that day. He was SO busy playing in the sand and digging around! Tessa loves the water and couldn't get enough as well:)










At Grama Hoxie's house after the kids easter egg hunt!

2 comments:
You are brave to go camping that far along in your pregnancy! And combined with the bad weather...all I can say is WOW!
Definitely sounds like an adventure and high five for it. K's family went camping (like camping without potties/showers/stores for a week...) I was pregnant with Andrew and they were a little tiffed I only would stay one night (I was 30 weeks). I think its awesome you went. am I rambling? yes.
Post a Comment