So here's my big discovery.....drum roll please...it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks! Of course, this is stating the obvious, but let me explain. I was born into a family with a long line of first born women with some strong personalities. I feel like women, in general, are incredibly hard on ourselves. We tend to focus on what is missing, what we didn't get done, what was left unsaid, instead of our accomplishments (little or great), our victories, our ah-ha moments. So when you go to bed at night and your lying in your cozy covers, remember the good things you did that day, tell yourself you are wonderful and beautiful. You deserve it. Even if was a crapy day, give yourself a break...life can't always go as planned. There are so many problems in our society, so many health issues, so much heartache...I think if we loved ourselves a little bit more and valued our self worth, life would be a little easier, and a lot more satisfying. I guess that's my daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and finally life long goal, is to love myself completely. After all, we were created in God's image, which is a gift and a blessing.
Now a little update on the kitties:
Tessa finished her first year of preschool and LOVED it! Jay and I decided to put her in another year of preschool instead of kindergarden..We rather have her be older than younger in her grade. She's also doing swim lessons and loving it. I'm so grateful she loves the water so much!


Hudson is now 20 months!
I can't believe it..He is such a cute little man. I am completely in love with my little boyfriend. Every time he says mommy, I melt:)
Word's and phrases he says:
Mommy, daddy,
Blanket and baby sound the same.
ray-ring - raining
ju- juice
Okay, I could name all of the things he says, but at this point he really tries to say everything...I love it! His little synapses are just soaking up so much! I love when they finally learn to talk, so you can really see what's going on in their little brains! He loves to sing, he loves his blanket, cuddling, balls, pushing a stroller, outside, bath time, big sister (when she isn't torturing him), laughing, being silly and holding his sippy cup wherever he goes. He sleeps 14 hours at night and is taking a great 2 hour nap during the day...He's never been a really good day sleeper, so I'm thrilled that he's finally taking a good long nap everyday! He ADORES his dad, and if the front door ever creeks during the day, he runs up to it saying "daddy!" He has been such a blessing in our family and are so happy that he's ours:) I can't even image life without him....

2 comments:
your kids are so stinkin cute!
This was an awesome post, Nicki. I loved it and totally agree. We don't have to be THE BEST -just to give it our all.
Post a Comment