Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Solace

Lately I've been thinking....about me, about my life and my role, about my kids....and how I can improve in each of those areas. I'm pretty sure I'm the type of person that has a hard time multi-tasking. I mean yeah, I can feed Hudson, help Tessa, edit, talk on the phone all at the same time....I mean big things...like being a mommy and having a calling, and being a wife and photographer...all the while, keeping up with the laundry and keeping the house clean and picked up. What is a girl to do? My friend is always telling me that I'm so busy....that is certainly a quality that I don't want to have....I grew up with a very busy mom and she was wonderful and did a great job serving us children...but there were moments where I wanted my mom to just play with me and be in the moment. I want to be that for my children. I don't want to be stressed out and short with miss tess because I need to be out the door to go somewhere and all she wants to do is show me something...lame. I need to relax!

In an effort to accomplish that balance, it has been a time of great reflection. I feel like life has been a big transition since Hudson has arrived. Having two is so different, but in a wonderful way. And we want more kids, so I feel like I need to find that balance soon! I do have to say that I have been more prayerful and trying hard to stay close to the spirit, which is always reassuring. I know the Lord loves me and is pleased with me, but I want to be better, to do better. But I guess that's what life is all about. Growing, learning...that never ends.

I found this post yesterday and I want my life to be a little more like that. :)

Here's my sweet little boy at 6 months....

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lara said...

You are doing a wonderful job. Hudson is so super cute!!

MADBUNNELL said...

He is soo freaking cute! I cant wait to meet him on Saturday!!!

Ms. said...

he is so big! ALready 6 months???

And I know what you mean. I remind myself as often as my crazy head will let me, that my kids grow up, laundry is always there, but kids won't be

Ms. said...

So I know what you mean. ANd I realize I already posted, but something I just learned was to pray to HEavenly father for what you want specifically for him. It works.

Anonymous said...

I think balance is accepting that life is like juggling plates. There will always be plates in the air. We can't touch them all at once, and we have to keep rotating, or we'll drop them.
It is a challenge!
Your boy is beautiful!!