2 things: a. I think I can only handle one blog at a time and b. I'm all-of-the-sudden self conscience what I post on this here bloggity blog. I finally figured out that because I'm totally growing my photography business, I worried that I'll sound like a physco to my clients if they check this blog...which is really lame since we are all human and we all have ups and downs...plus, the main reason why I have this blog, is for journaling and family history.
So, with that said I am going to try my darnest to post on both...(sorry craft blog, I will come back to you soon...but for now I need to focus on other things!)
Big things this year so far: Jay and I read a book together! Yea!! We read The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. A-MAZING! It has changed our world, given us a hope with a financial plan and has totally strengthened our relationship. We are finally on the same page about money and finances and it feels so good. We have created something called our Weekly Financial Meeting where we meet once a week to talk about that weeks finances...what we spent/our weaknesses/strengths/review goals/start and end with a prayer...and it has been totally rad to see our habits change and for us to get so excited about everything! Ironically, we are going to have to move from our lovely home that we love so dear. To make a very long story very short, the home loan was never in our name + we could never really afford this fat mortgage + we stopped paying = foreclosure. At least its not foreclosing on us and we will be able to move into something that we truly can afford. Who knows, maybe whom ever buys this house could rent it out to us! We are just putting the whole thing in the Lord's hands, looking forward to the future and enjoying the time that we are still living here!
Jay turned 31! Tessa and I had a blast planning daddy's bday party. I didn't do anything for his 30th, so I wanted to make this one special...We had a party with his family and our neighbors and I made a nice dinner and just spent the afternoon together...it was fun and he felt loved!
Tessa is growing up...I can't believe that my little girl is getting so big. Highlights in her life: being a big sister, coloring, wanting to write letters...(currently working on T's and E's), helping mommy around the house....Tessa and I had a sleepover last weekend. Jay is the Scoutmaster for our ward and has to go on monthly scout trips. So I told Tessa that we could have a sleepover. So we got "clean and sparkly" (took baths:), made cookies, watched Flicka, and snuggled in bed. She talked about it for days....I'm pretty sure that we will have to make it a tradition when Daddy goes out of town!
The last few weeks she has really been coming into her own...she's always been my trying child that knows how to push my buttons, but lately..she has really calmed down a bit and has really been a joy to be with. We were on errands the other day and we were walking outside to the car....I stopped walking, took her hands and knelt down...I told her how happy I am when she is such a good girl and how much I love being with her. I said to her, "Tessa, when you are being so good and making mommy happy, you make me sparkle!" She looked right back at me and said, "Mommy, you make me sparkle too!" My heart melted...There is nothing in my life that I would rather be doing then raising these precious spirits. I know that Tessa and I must have been dear friends before we came here to earth. So now when we get excited and happy in our house, we say "You make me sparkle!"
Oh Mr. Hudson....My little Hudson Hoxie. How did you get so big so fast? Please stay just the way you are forever! Little Mister is now 6 months and growing growing growing! He has been sitting for a couple of weeks now and is starting to babble. And instead of crying when he needs something, he squeals in a high pitch...It's quite funny! I seriously have NOTHING to complain about this little boy. He is such a happy baby and is SO calm and sweet all.of.the.time...no joke. He makes me want 10 more just like him...okay, maybe not that much, but definitely more:)
I started feeding him rice cereal last week and he is doing well with it. Still, no bottles...but I don't care at all. He's my little guy that I love to hold and snuggle with! And did I mention his smile is breath-taking and contagious? Well, it is!
Through much prayer and pondering and work I have been so blessed to pursue my dream of being a photographer. I have had nothing but encouragement and support, not to mention that my hubby is so excited that I am doing this and constantly telling me how amazing I am at my talent. Truly, I wouldn't be doing what I am without him...He's amazing! I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has given me this talent and I'm trying my darnest to develop and learn as much as I can! I've had so many ah-ha moments during my work in photography, and I know this is what I am supposed to be doing/pursuing. I am so thankful and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for giving me such wonderful things to be a part of! I think of the scripture about talents and how if we don't develop and share our talents, they will be taken away from us. I am trying so hard to share, share, share....That's one thing that I have discovered in my adult life, that we are always learning and growing and finding out new things about ourselves. I mean, I have always LOVED photography and have had a deep interest for it, but it wasn't until recently that it's become a dream and it's so refreshing to say that I am living my dream!
So with that said, I have had an amazing year so far and have so much to look forward too...So many good things. Just last week, I took a very dear friend's maternity pics and it was so fun. Everything just clicked....the location, time of day, her attitude combined with my ideas...it turned out to by an awesome session and then later that day Jay helped me search for newborn props out at the Hoxie barn and while we were out there Tessa was running around and it was almost dusk, so I put her in a field of wild mustard flowers and I started shooting away. And I love what I captured...While driving home that night I was so thankful for such a good day of learning. Learning makes me so happy!
So here are a few shots that we captured that afternoon out at the Hoxie barn....





3 comments:
Adorable Nicki!
Great photos, as always, and I aspire to your positive thinking!
ah so cute. Can't wait to come visit and see the green hills. Okay really we're excited to come see everyone! Popcorn and movie right?
I'll be thinking of you often and the lord's hands is the best place, but for me it is always hard being patient and having faith and waiting on the outcome. Love you N ic
Post a Comment