I got to go running on Monday and Tuesday. And it was such lovely weather, it make get so excited for summer! Even though daylight savings has totally messed up my kids schedules, I have loved it for two reasons....I get the chance to go running after Jay gets home from work and there is still plenty of light and two, the light...oh the beautiful evening sun that I get to experience. It's a photographer's dream, to shoot in evening glow of the fading sun. Yum.... I am looking forward to many wonderful evenings, with my camera in hand enjoying the fresh air!
So the house update. It's offical. We found a place to rent in Livermore that Jay and I truly love. It's going to be a bittersweet transition, but I'm sure we will survive. We are changing wards, which is super sad, but we are excited for the people we will meet. The house we found is yes, a house! And it's 600 square feet bigger than what we have now, plus it has a deck, backyard, two car garage, laundry room, a finished storage shed on the side of the house, and yes, even an indoor coal bbq with it's own chiminey (apparently a 70's thing), and of course Jay couldn't be happier about it! Oh yeah, and we are moving on April 1st. Two weeks from today and I have not one thing packed. I'm off to Safeway in search of some boxes. Wish me luck!
I have really been trying to live in the moment and enjoy being a mommy. And reserving my evenings for work on photography sessions. Last week, I had called my grama and after I got off the phone with her, I felt like I should go see her. I was also watching my cousin Lizzie at the time too who is 3, so I had an extra little one. So I packed the kids in the car, stopped at Trader Joe's to get grama Barbie some flowers and a snack and headed down to Sunnyvale to steal her away for a couple of hours. My grama is not spontaneous at all, so I was worried she would say no, but to my lovely surprise, she said yes...and we headed to my favorite park I remember from my childhood. We were there for two hours and it was so fun talking, and enjoying the sunshine. The girls loved playing and it was such a nice relaxing afternoon! I'm grateful for spontaneous moments in life that keep us remembering what's important and what makes us the happiest! It was lovely to visit with grama!
Here's one pic from that outing. Many more cute ones to come!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yay Nick! I'm so excited about your new place! Let me know if you want to grab my Ikea bags to use for packing - they are a LIFESAVER when you are moving. Moving into a new place is so great to get reorganized and a fresh start... Can't wait for J to bbq me some dinner!
I'm so sad that you're moving out of our ward. Sara isn't going to be happy with Jacob and now Tessa gone. Boo hoo! I hope that we can keep in touch! Let us know if we can help with your move!
Post a Comment