Wednesday, January 21, 2009

M.I.A.

I don't know what is wrong with me. Where are my priorities? Isn't my blog important to me anymore? I feel like that this new year already started super busy and a little chaotic. Maybe adding one more thing was just too much. Hopefully I can get my rear in gear and start posting again!

The latest:
Tessa won't sleep. My little angel baby who has always slept 14 hours at night since she was two months old and took great naps.....is no more. I don't know what to do anymore. She is not sleeping at night and is no longer interested in naps. At least she's doing quiet time for a while during nap time. She's scared when I close the door, won't stay in her bed and takes forever to fall asleep and usually ends up sleeping on the floor. Ugh. Not to mention because of the lack of sleep she's a little crabby during the day. Welcome to the "terrible" twos, I guess. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Jay's on a gym frenzie. Ever since his physical a few weeks ago and his doctor told him he needed to loose weight, he is on a roll! It's his third week going, and he's been going four and five times a week! He's being such a great example!

One of my main goals this year is to be better at meal planning. Thanks to my wonderfully talented friend Kelli, I've been able to get some direction on more efficient meal planning that hopefully save me money and still keep plenty of food in the house. She suggested that I make a master recipe book with all of my favorite recipes that we've tried. I love this idea because it'll be much easier to plan menus without having to dig for recipes to use! I'm excited to get better with something that I'm not so good at.

Well, I think that's all for now. Hopefully I'll have something interesting to write about in a couple of days!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I totally did that this fall. I made myself a "master cookbook" or whatever it was that you called it. I LOVE IT. I plan out enough meals for two weeks. I use a lot from my binder (which is gigantic) and I always like to try a few new ones out from friends or blogs. Then I shop for those meals and voila, we have ourselves great meals for 2 weeks. Way to go, I know you will definitely love using yours.

Ryan said...

Nicki!!! That was what our recipe book craft night was all about! Oy.

Ms. said...

Great idea about the master recipe book! I am totally going to do that. As far as Tessa. I know Andrew did the same thing for like 2 weeks. IT drove me crazy, except he is confined to a crib. Maybe her schedule needs to be adjusted??? Poor mom and grumpy Tessa!

Lara said...

Chenoa did the same thing... I feel your pain!

I would love to see your master recipe book. Then I will try it too!

Michelle and Tyler said...

I've been in the same funk with blogging...you've been better than I have though! We need to plan another night where we do more with our recipe books! We should have Kelli come and teach us her tricks!