Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas

So the Hoxie family was blessed to have five Christmas's this year. Not because we were getting presents, but because we got to see SO much family. Christmas Eve was spend with Jason's aunt and grandma for a low key dinner. It was nice to hang out with them and just enjoy a nice quiet evening!

I was so excited for Christmas this year because Tessa is finally old enough to understand who Santa is, well, kind of...and what stockings and presents are. Plus, I was so excited because sister lives with us and I know we probably won't have a Christmas with her again like this, so I wanted it to be special. So I made everyone's stockings and as was the tradition growing up, Santa filled the stockings to the brim and set them around the living room! It was so fun to watch Tessa open up all of her presents. She got so excited and helped everyone else too! Jay and I realized that we probably didn't need to get her so much...she would have been happy with just getting her gum that Santa gave her in her stocking! Oh well, you live and learn! I have to say that besides the enjoyment of being with family, visiting with our neighbor and having the Rosenhan's come over for a little while, Jay was brave and sweet enough to buy me fabric for Christmas....That's right, you heard it, FABRIC! I was shocked when I opened it! And not just any fabric, but Amy Butler fabric and a pattern to go with it, the pattern that I've been dying to have! I was so impressed with his intuition and kindness with being so thoughtful! After a whirlwind of present opening and cleaning up so Tessa wouldn't eat all of the candy in the house, we rested a while and then headed to my Auntie Krissy's for some more Christmas cheer and a delicious king crab leg feast, which we have every year for Christmas! It was fun to see more family and spend time with those that we love so dearly on such a special day.



When we came home that night, we were going to stick with the plan and pack the car up for Utah and then leave in the morning, but instead we packed everything up and left that night without telling my mom! So we surprised her by coming a few hours early! It was so fun being with my parents and brother and yet another Christmas that night! Tessa again opened everyone's gift and then handed it to them with a "Here you go!" It was so cute that she was so excited! Christmas is always a great time to remember those things that matter the most to us and how we can share that light with those around us! I'm thankful for my blessings and the joy it is to remember my Savior and the true significance and sacredness that His birth really was.

No comments: