Day 3 Tuesday - Thank goodness for Adrienne. She was awesome through out this whole experience. She had never been able to be there for any of her grand babies deliveries and really wanted to be there for ours. I was totally fine with this. She is a comfort to me and I was happy to have her there! She was with us from the beginning, stayed through the delivery and didn't leave until 5am that morning...And still went to church! Not only that, but she took Tessa and Hudson for two days so I could recover! It was a wonderful help that I appreciated so much.
Unfortunately, Jay has been on a very stressful job at work and the timing of everything was not so good. He obviously took Monday off to be with me in the hospital, but still had to do some work while we were there. He had to go in on Tuesday....Major bummer. But Adrienne had the kids, so it was just me and the baby for the whole day. It was great because I got to sleep as much as I needed. My amazing sister brought over a meal....turkey burgers, sweet potato fries and the most delicious cookies ever:) Adrienne and Lowell brought the kids back and stayed for dinner too!
Day 4 Wednesday - My first morning alone with the kids 'cause Jay had to work. Thankfully my Aunt Krista came over at 10am to help with the kids for a couple of hours. Felicity had her two day appointment which went great, so Kris watched the kids so I could take just Felicity. She stayed until lunch and then Sammy came and took the kids for the afternoon so I could rest. She took them to Lizzie Fountain downtown to play in the water and then to her house for a while. The kids loved it! The ladies I visit teach brought over dinner, which was so awesome!
Getting to know baby sister:)

My milk came in as well. So with the other two kids, this has been a most painful experience. I get so much milk that I'm sore and in pain for a good couple weeks with engorgement. Yuck....I don't know why this time it was different, but it was, thankfully. I wasn't in any pain, except some soreness for a couple of days. It was SO nice to not have to go through that discomfort!
Day 5 Thursday - I had such a tough morning with the kids. Trying to meet all of the needs at the same time was a little tricky and my hormones were going crazy. Not to mention I was totally bugged with Jay's work, because he couldn't take any time off. I just prayed that I could get through the day. Thankfully, the Lord heard my prayers and Jay surprised us by getting off early and was home by 11:30am! I was so relieved:) We spent the afternoon together and then he took the kids to pick up my mom from the airport. It was so good to see her and to see her reaction to the baby! She immediately took her and snuggled her! It was so nice to have my mom close by! I love family:)



No comments:
Post a Comment