So without further ado, here is Miss Felicity's arrival story:)
I had been contracting for a few days prior with this one. With Tessa and Hudson, I didn't have any braxton hicks or contractions prior to delivery, so I thought for sure that Felicity would come early....So much for hoping! (She was only an hour and 13 mins. overdue!) Anywho, Saturday 16th, I decided that I was going to do everything possible to get labor going, so I mopped, swept, cleaned, and ran around the house like a mad woman. All the while, I was having contraction after contraction. But anytime I stopped and just sat, they would stop too. Finally around 2pm, I decided that I wanted to go to the hospital and just see what would happen. We called our old neighbor Sam, and she came and got the kids for us. I love that I didn't even have to worry about the kids being okay, Sammy is as good as family to us!! So the whole way to the hospital, I maybe had one contraction. So I asked Jay if we could stop by a park first and just walk a bit before going to the hospital. The weather was beautiful and there was a really nice breeze too. Jay's mama Adrienne met us there and the three of us walked around for about 30 mins. I was having contractions every 10mins or so....
We headed to the hospital at 5pm and they took me straight to a labor and delivery room because they were so slow. They hooked me up to the monitors and I laid there an hour...I had maybe 3 contractions and was still only dilated to a 3. I was so discouraged. I decided to walk around the halls to help things along. The three of us walked around for 40 mins...power walked it! I'm sure I looked ridiculous in my socks and hospital gown...waddling back and forth...but I so didn't care! I was on a mission! After that, we went back to our room and she checked me again...I was a 4 this time, almost a 5...I was going to be admitted!! I was so happy that I knew this was actually going to happen tonight! I was more than relieved at the thought. I pretty much had the best nurse ever, Emily. She was awesome. She put me on pitocin around 8pm and then I got my epidural around 10:15pm. I'm so glad that I got my epidural when I did because I went from a 5 to a 10 in about an hour. Just when I thought the pitocin should be working, I was feeling the contractions stronger. Emily came in and checked me and I was a ten! I couldn't believe it! I had the greatest epidural. I could feel everything, it was just dulled pain...perfect. When it was almost time to push, I could feel the urge to push, it was amazing. It was like my body didn't have control, it just wanted to do it. Long story short, I pushed two and a half times as she was out. After I delivered her head, they told me to stop pushing. The cord was wrapped around her neck really tight. Even though the cord was wrapped around her neck, Jay still got to cut the cord (in the proper place). That was painful...delivering her head and then having to wait to deliver her body. They put her on my chest and I couldn't believe all of that dark curly hair!! It was amazing! I don't remember this with the other two, but I felt a rush of relief that she was out of me, and that I could breath for the first time in months! She was in my ribs to the bitter end, so not having to feel that was great!
Felicity is my smallest baby. Weighing in at 7lb 8oz....What's funny is that I gained the most during this pregnancy! So here's my weight with my three babies...I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself.
When I got married, I weighed 132...Then I gained a little:)
Beginning of pregnancy with Tessa, I weighted 147--gained 21lbs....Tessa weighed 7lb 14oz--11 days late.
Hudson--I was 138lb--gained a total of 21lbs.....Hudson weighed 7lb 11oz--Born on his due date.
Felicity--I was 134lb--gained 29lbs.....Felicity weighed 7lb 8oz--Born one hour after her due date:)
So there you have it. She's here, in my arms as I type and I couldn't be happier that I'm not pregnant anymore...and I'm so grateful that I am the majority of the way done with giving birth:) Yes, I probably want one more....eventually:)
Okay, back to my story. I fed her for 15mins. within that first hour that she was born. Then I was feeling a little dizzy, so they had me lay down and gave me more fluids. Oh-and right after I delivered her, they put in a catheter so I wouldn't have to get up right after and pee. With both Tessa and Hudson I blacked out when I went to the bathroom for the first time after delivering...So we didn't want to chance it this time. Thankfully it worked and I didn't pass out this time. I drank a ton and stayed really hydrated. The nurse said that I have a really big fluid shift, so that's probably why I pass out afterwards. This has been smooth sailing so far:) I tried feeing her several times during those first 24hours, but she would have none of it. After that first feeding, she slept a solid 14 hours! Her second feeding wasn't until around 5pm the next evening! What a champ....so worn out and tired from her journey here!
The rest of the hospital stay was awesome. Everyone was so friendly and kind. And I have to admit that the food was amazing....I pretty much still think about it. I ordered whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. It was fabulous...and we ordered meals for Jay too and they were great! I ate SO good in the hospital:)
We left Monday afternoon and it was so nice to sleep in my own bed. I probably would have stayed another night if the beds weren't so uncomfortable. Oh well....we had a great experience and are blessed that our baby girl is so healthy!!
This is me when my contractions were 3-5 minutes a part. I assure that I wasn't always that happy during labor! So it was neatest experience having my mom and brother be apart of the whole thing. We skyped when I was getting ready to push and then through the delivery. I love that they were "there".

Introducing the baby to Hudson. He pretty much wanted nothing to do with me or the baby. He just stayed close to daddy and uncle Galen.

Our first family photo of the five of us...Wow! FIVE!!! That's amazing to me...Jay and I still can't believe it. We are in awe and feel so blessed.

Thank goodness for Jay's mad diaper changing skills! He is a pro now. I'm pretty sure I didn't change any of Tessa's or Hudson's hosiptal diapers...He's awesome:)


So the bandage around her ankle is a GPS device that tracks the baby where ever she is in labor and delivery.


Tessa was so good with the baby from the beginning. She was so excited to become a big sister! My girls!


So little miss came out of me with her nose totally smashed to one side. Jay's first thought was that she looked like my dad (he broke his nose a few times)...It was hilarious. We love her crooked nose...which is almost straight now.

I have to brag about Jay for a minute. The pic of him giving me water was how it was the intire time I was there. He was so good to keep me hydrated and healthy. He is so good at taking care of me and making sure that I get what I need:)





Ready to go home!


I love all of that hair! And I especially loved all of the nurses reactions to it! They look at me...miss blondie and wonder how she could be mine...I love it! Tessa had lots of dark hair too, but Felicity surely has the most out of all three kids!

I have been taking so many pics of our dear baby, and will hopefully get my act together and post them soon. I am in love and enjoying every minute of this sweet little spirit. And can I add that she is the most fabulous sleeper....yes, she's the best!

No comments:
Post a Comment