

So today I had Tessa make cupcakes all by herself. When I told her that she could, she was SO excited! I need to do stuff like this more often. She was glowing with all of her big girl pride and loved the whole process! I mainly did this little exercise for myself. I tend to be a little over baring at times with my mothering and unfortunately, it just causes tension between Tessa and I because we are so much a like. So having her do this, without me stepping in every second helping her and telling her how to do it, was really good for our relationship! Doesn't that sound silly?! Who would have thought that making cupcakes would be good for the soul:) Anyway, she loved it and I love watching her loving it...so it was definitely a win-win:)

Both my kids love to play outside. Since the weather has be pretty good the past few weeks, we just leave our sliding glass doors (we have three) open all afternoon and the kids just play on the deck and in the sand. This picture of Hudson, is so what he does all-day-long. It's a constant, "No bikes in the house Hudson!" But no matter what I say, he tries to get himself through the door on that thing....It's pretty cute I guess! And don't you just love that look of, "What mommy? Am I doing something wrong?!"

Enjoying the cupcakes while daddy is on his computer

So a direct result of playing endless hours in the backyard on a beautiful day is the inevitable bath that follows! I swear this little boy gets so dirty! So here's the before feet....

....and here's my little guy after getting all clean and sparkly. I love his little toothy grin!

This shot is so typical in our house. Daddy comes home from work exhausted and tired....and the kids just climb all over him because they are so excited that Daddy's home! Daddy is definitely their favorite:)


Little sister concentrating on her coloring...I love these two pics because if she could, she would want her hair like this everyday. She loves wearing it down and doesn't mind when it's all in her face! It drives me crazy! Thankfully she is really good about me doing her hair everyday!
So this was a really great day....I had a wonderful photo session in the morning, and the spent some time with my kids. I am such a home body and am so thankful for my home and what it means to me. I love my kids and husband and have some much gratitude for what I've been blessed with!

1 comment:
I'm like you-a little overbearing when my boys want to "help" me with something because I get so particular about how those things are done. I need to try a cupcake experiment too and just back off and let them be happy!!
Post a Comment