Wednesday, March 9, 2011

slowly but surely

So I've really had no desire to blog lately, and I'm so okay with that:)  I've really enjoyed taking that pressure completely off of myself and just live my life.  This year has been so great.  I feel so blessed.  Jay and I are working together in ways we never have before.  I just mean that we are really united as a family.  We started doing Saturday chores as a family and I'm amazed at how it's transformed our family and home.  With ALL of us working together to make our home clean and beautiful, we are all much more aware during the week to KEEP it clean and beautiful.  It's also been so nice knowing that not ALL of the cleaning falls on my shoulders.  Jay has been a huge help and I'm so thankful to him.  Just yesterday, I was having a rough day with the kids and I pretty much handed the kids over to him as soon as he walked into the door.  Well, later that night, he ran to the store to pick up a movie and brought home a lavendar scented candle, a card, and chocolate ice cream.  It was so sweet of him.  He knew I was having a hard day and wanted to make it better.  He is exactly what I need all of the time, I couldn't ask for a better husband:)

So some excited news....we found out we are having a girl!!  We are so excited for another sister!  We all had a feeling it would be a girl.  I had a dream about a little girl that looked just like Tessa but her personality was very different from Tessa's.  And then Jay gave me a blessing when I was first pregnant and he wanted to say "she" in the blessing...And all along Tessa has been saying that its a girl and after baby girl comes we are going to have a baby brother too!  I totally believe her!  She is so close to the spirit....So we are still thinking of names and awaiting the day we get to meet her!  So many blessings....and so much gratitude.

So backing up a new months to Tessa's birthday.  We had a cute party for her with her favorite people Maddie and Grace G., Maddie S., and her cousin Allie E.  I wanted to do something really small and low key.  It was perfect.  We made princess hats, individual pizzas and pink cupcakes!  It was so much fun and I love my little girl.  I love each age and all the things they learn and discover.  Though there are many challenges, I try to remind myself how truly precious these years are for my children and for me.  Four years old has been really fun for me, with bedtime finally under control and being sneaky not a problem anymore...I am enjoying my little helper, mini mommy, and girlfriend.  I love my Tessa and all that she is making for herself.  I hope I can give her the things she needs so she can grow up strong and confident!  Here are some pics from her bday party in November.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Tessa at Four
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ms. said...

yaya for a new sister! I agree about Saturday chores-it is awesome. It is such an accomplishment and despite Kalon not loving it I know he likes things cleaned up too :)

Becky said...

Great update. I totally understand how your are feeling! It was great to catchup a few minutes yesterday. Congrats on the girl!