Friday, January 28, 2011

Blog Break

I have to say it's been so nice to completely take a break from my blog.  I think, for me, it was one of those things where it was always in the back of my mind..."Nicki, you need to post this"....or..."This would be a great post title!"...or..."I really want to remember this someday"...constant thoughts about this rather huge thing we call blogs.  For a while, I felt like blogs were just all about posting the greatest baby showers or birthday parties, or blogging the cutest decorated nursery, or whatever...finally, I felt it was time for a blogging diet, a detox, if you will.  I went through my google reader, and eliminated most of the blogs that I followed....too much media...I finally could care less if my child has the cutest bedroom or the best birthday party...not that it was all consuming to begin with....but nevertheless, I'm totally over the comparisons.  All I want to do is be the best version of me....To take care of my family, keep my home a place where the spirit can dwell, and develop and nurture good relationships in my life.  I'm really trying to tone down the amount of media I take into my day and solely work on the truly important things to me!  Ah...I feel much better now:)

Just a quick run down of the past three months of my life.  November Tessa turned 4! We also hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year, inviting both sides of the family...It was a huge success and Jay and I both agreed it was probably our favorite Thanksgiving yet.  December was crazy...I was really behind this year with xmas gifts, so it was an extremely stressful month.  My family came and stayed at our house for Christmas which was so nice.  I have to say that November and December were probably the two most stressful months of my life...With the first holidays without my dad (and not really be prepared like I normally am with Christmas gifts(Still have one left to finish..Sorry Auntie Shara!))...I really wasn't that excited about xmas because I knew my dad wouldn't be there.  All in all, it was a wonderful day.  Of course there were tears, and all because my dad is so loved and missed...we couldn't help but long to see him and spend time with him!  So with the end of the year drawing to a close, I confess that I had never been more ready for a year to be over with.  I was so over 2010 and really looking at 2011 as a new beginning. 

And thankfully, January has been a blessing.  I have really gotten a lot done, forced myself to not be busy and to enjoy my beautiful family the way I should!  This year, so far, has been really good and I'm hoping that each month that goes by, it'll just get better and better:)

So another reason why these past few months have been so rough  and crazy is because...dun, duh-duh, dun!....I'm pregnant.  I'm sure that's such a shocker since I've been blogging consistently for a few years now, and all of the sudden, I stop...What I said before about needing a break is so true, but it's also because my morning sickness has been kicking my trash.  I seriously had to put my life on hold, it was that bad.  There was even a period 2 or 3 weeks when the dishes never were done...I'm not kidding...It was awful!  Of course, with number three the morning sickness has been the worst so far!  Lucky me.  I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and I still have days where I feel yucky:(  Thankfully my mornings are the best for me, so I can get lots done then!  Jay and are thrilled for baby number three and yes, this one was planned:)  I'm due July 16th...So Hudson and this one will be about 23 months a part. 

I've had so many mixed emotions about this pregnancy...and man-oh-man, is each pregnancy different, from physically to emotionally.  A few weeks ago, I had days where I was thinking, what the heck am I doing?  But now, I am only excited to add to our family....the only thing I had a hard time with, is the fact that I can't get into shape like I would like to.  I definitely will be training for another half marathon next year!

So with all of this said, I'll blog when I blog and that's that.  No more pressure on myself!  Period! :)

4 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

Congratulations, that is exciting news!!!

Marae said...

amen, my dear (to the being sane and having priorities and just being your best).

i'm so excited for you and your baby-to-come. i hope the sickness subsides soon. and i think that you are gorgeous and such a wonderful mama.

and if you are going to do a 1/2 marathon look into the big sur trail marathon and half (envirosports?). i did it a few years ago and it was so beautiful...

Ms. said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! another beautiful hoxie!

Leslie said...

I like your attitude. No pressure and no comparisons. It is so necessary to weed things out of your life that unnecessary. Congratulations on baby #3!! That is really good news. I hope the baby lets you start feeling better soon. That can be so miserable when you have other children to take care of. Feel better soon!