Sister and I dedicated our marathon to dad by making shirts in his honor. We ironed on the nicknames he had for us and on the front of our shirts we wrote "Love you Dad 2010". He called me "Nick-Nack" and my sister "Divine" for as long as I can remember. I know he would have been so proud of both of us:) Jay suggested that we run one every year for him. And on the years that I can't due to baby making, Jay said that he would..so between the two of us, we would run every year. I hope that we follow through with that...
Saturday, June 12, 2010
embrace evolve edify
This has been my motto for the year so far. I can't believe how much meaning those words have to me, even now more so than ever. With so many changes happening in my life right now, I feel that it's so important to be in touch with who you are, and how you are growing and learning. I am thankful for each day and the experiences that help me reach my goals. Running that half marathon is a perfect example of that. There is definitely a big smile on my face right now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
What a fantastic way to honor your dad and yourselves! I love you Nik
Hi Nicole,
I am glad you have not gone private! I enjoyed talking to you a few weeks ago. I was touched by your strength. I believe that meeting that day, on that plane ride...and connecting about losing a parent was no coincidence. You are a reflection of everything beautiful in your Dad. All my best,
Annie LeClaire
Great idea Jason! I can't wait to see both of you training together:)
At my last half I saw a 6month preggo lady running. She was adorable!
Post a Comment