Friday, December 11, 2009

Holy Updates!

It's been so long, I don't even think I have blogged about Hudson's blessing....I tell you, when life gets busy...my journaling is the first to go. It's funny because I am constantly thinking of what I want to blog about and how I want to say certain things, but it just isn't happening lately...I finally stopped feeling bad about it too. Being mommy is number 1 right now, and if the blogging falls to the way-side...then it does.





Backing up a way-whole-lot...Here's what's been going on.


What, first a side note...I hate when I see super long posts of just text...mostly because I simply don't have time to write...so if you don't read, don't feel bad 'cause I don't!





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket








Blessings: My dad got to come to Hudson's blessing. It was great having him here. Tessa and I surprised him when we picked him up from the airport by taking him straight to the beach. (It kills my dad that he is so far from the ocean...He used to walk on the beach everyday!) It was so fun....I had a blast taking pictures all day! We ended our Santa Cruz day by eating at a Taqueria...yum. I love my dad and I'm so glad that we got to spend some time together! Hudson's blessing was, of course beautiful and I'm so grateful to have that little boy.





Wedding: Jay and my good friends Matthew and Natasha got married a couple of weeks ago. I've been helping Natasha get ready for the big day and it was beautiful. They were sealed in the San Diego temple and their sealing was amazing. So many tears of joy from both Jay and I. I remember at Jay and my wedding at the temple...Matt said, "Someday...someday I'll get there." meaning, he'd make it to the temple someday..he was inactive at the time. Jay and I are so proud of him and the choices he's made. What a great guy...and a great wedding! It was a fun and crazy weekend! Jay and I were both in the wedding party which was an honor.





Christmas Party: Jay, Hudson and I went to Jay's work party in Napa last weekend. I have to say that Napa Valley is so breath-taking and peaceful. We had a nice relaxing time and the Centric dinner was so yummy and fun!





Emergency Rooms: I hate ERs....Whatever. We have been to the er three times in the past two months. Two visits were in the same week. The first was Miss Tessa a couple of months ago. She had croup really bad and I got like 15mins. of sleep that night. The poor little thing could barely breath and was so miserable. Thankfully, it only lasted about 24 hours. Then it was Jay's turn the day before Thanksgiving. He had the flu and tested negative for the influenza a...whatever that means. Then we took Hudson to the er in Irvine while we were down south for the wedding. That night I got 45mins. of crapy sleep..the night before the wedding no less. Yuck. We made a follow up appt. when we got home and it was confirmed that he had the H1N1...poor little man. Thankfully now, two weeks later...everyone in the house is healthy and well!... Oh and I got really sick on the drive home from the wedding. I had 101 temp and it took us 11 hours to get home when it should have only taken 6...thank you every much. NEVER travel on Thanksgiving weekend. NEVER.





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photography: I feel so blessed...I have felt so supported along the way. Since I started a year ago, people have been so kind and encouraging with my work. I really feel like this is what I'm supposed to be doing and I'm so thankful for it. If I can make people happy and inspire even a little, then I've accomplished what I've set out to do. This has been a busy season with many sessions and I've truly loved every minute of it! I love my new career...I hope I can always do what I love.





Money: Jay and I had our first Weekly Financial Meeting..something we created because we both aren't the best with money. We are going to meet once a week and talk about our finances...what we did good and bad the previous week, upcoming expenses, a spiritual thought to keep things in perspective....our first meeting went great and we are both so excited to be better with money and learn to develop great habits! I can't wait what the future holds in store!


Family: We've been very fortunate to see my famil a lot this year and of course Jay's. It's so nice having family near by. Jay and I have also just really enjoyed being together as a family in the evenings. With the Christmas tress a-glow, we've been having fun playing around in the living room and just enjoying each other's company.

1 comment:

Marae said...

so adorable. and thanks for the update! you are a busy woman... and lovely!