...to stop, and enjoy each moment?
For a while there, I was super stressed, which is something I've never really experienced before. (I just don't see the need, but for some reason, I couldn't kick this...) I wasn't sleeping well, I was anxious about being a mommy of two while trying to jump start my photography business, be a crafting maniac and enjoy Tessa with patience and love all at the same time....not to mention give Jay the time and energy that he needs. It was getting way too crazy.
Now, I feel a little more balanced...I'm sleeping much better which is huge because I know that's not going to last very long. Worked out photo/craft details, and have let the feelings of being a mommy of two wash away. No need to worry about something that I know I'll try my best with!
So with that said, I wrote a few thoughts down in Sunday School a couple of weeks ago that I wanted to share. I feel that there should be a time and a place for everything. I know that for me, spiritual growth is vital, but often times becomes the last item on the checklist. So with that said, here are a few spiritual streams of thought that I had the privilege to reflect on.

Tess and I have had so much fun going to storytime over the past couple of months. With a baby on the way, I wanted to enjoy every moment with my little one with her best interest in mind. She loves books. No matter what age we are, it can always be exciting to learn!
"...teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith." -D&C 88:118






{always learning}
"Seek learning, even by study and als by faith."
With all of the things that I am involved in my life and with all of the many things that I am interested in, I LOVE the fact that I am always trying new things. I am CONSTANTLY learning, whether it be in my relationship with Jay, or in my abilities and capabilities as a mother, or in learning to sew something I haven't before, or in taking a better photograph.
I love this time in my life.
I look at when I was pregnant with Tessa and now to this pregnancy....I feel like I've gained tremendous knowledge and skill...with a better understanding of life. I feel so blessed to have learned so much and to always wanting to become a better version of me.
Whether we are involved in one thing or 50 things, as long as we are striving to gain knowledge and to grow, we can find so much personal satsifaction...and of course the Lord couldn't be happier when we are doing our absolute best!
A great scripture that go along with learning:
"Teach ye diligently and my grace shall attend you, that you may be instructed more perfectly in theory, in principle, in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God, that are expedient for you to understand;" -D&C 88:78
"What we insistently desire, over time, is what we will eventually become and what we will receive in eternity.
...it is up to us. God will facilitate, but He will not force."
-Elder Neal A. Maxwell

2 comments:
Nicole! I can't believe I haven't looked at your blog before. Your family is so cute, and Tessa is so big! I hope your doing well! I have a blog too, MaggieLerch.blogpost.com =)
Sister! I love these pictures... you are such a wonderful mom and Tessa is one lucky girl!
Post a Comment