Wednesday, July 29, 2009

going back a ways...

....to my trip to Utah with Tessa back in June for two whole weeks! At the time, I didn't realize that I had booked our va-ca right in the middle of Father's Day weekend. So in the event that we weren't going to see Jay for Father's Day, T and I surprised him a few days before we left with a "Father's Day"...we made posters, a cake...and of course gave him tons of hugs and kisses!

Well, in the middle of all of my fun at home with my parents....my mom and I had settled down after a long day and were reading in bed, when in walks in Jay!! I couldn't believe it! I'm like, what are you doing here? I quickly jumped back in ah! It was so awesome. My parents had secretly bought him a ticket so that we could be with him on Father's Day. I'm pretty sure that it's the nicest most thoughtful thing that my parents have ever done for me. I, of course, started crying because I was so excited to see my honey! He flew in Friday night and got to stay until Monday night....It was the greatest gift ever! Thanks mommy and daddy!

Photobucket
Since my bro is a gymnastics teacher, he pulled some strings and Tessa was able to go to a gymnastics class a couple of times for free! It was soo fun and Jay got to come for one of the times! She loved every minute of it and now shes a summersault pro!
Photobucket
Tessa loved drawing on the tramp! It was so fun to have them jump and then draw!
Photobucket
Another favorite part of class...."Popping" all of the bubbles....that us parents were creating!
Photobucket
Where's Tessa?!
Photobucket
Miss Tia is the greatest gymnastics teacher their is, as far as I'm concerned! She was so adorable and called all of the kids in her class her babies. She had the cutest personality and I give her props for teaching at six months pregnant!
Photobucket
Grama Debbie and T.
Photobucket Photobucket
I tried curlers in her hair...not sure if they'd stay in or out. To my surprise they not only stayed in, but she did not want to take them out the next morning! It was pretty funny and she looked super cute with them in her hair!
Photobucket
So I think I'm about 30 weeks here....I love this pic. Tessa expression is so her....:)
Photobucket
T and I after my Aunt Cindy's family photo shoot.
Photobucket Photobucket
Tessa had a blast gardening with Grandpa. She loved being outside with him!
Photobucket Photobucket
buddies....
Photobucket
We had so much fun at the zoo! Just the three of us! "Grama Mark" was so good to us and even bought us lunch!
Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
Sleep was a little hard to come by with Miss T....I quickly learned that naps were no good during our visit. We had to x-neigh them so she would sleep at night....although there were a couple of days that she just couldn't make it!
Photobucket
Lovin' from Auntie Cindy....We had so much fun with sleep-overs, quilting stores, sewing, crafting, laughing, and just hangin' out!
Photobucket Photobucket
My Marae! She was sweet enough to come and visit me! It was so fun seeing her and hearing all about her man that she's now engaged to! I love her....isn't she SO beautiful!

While Jay was there we got to go through the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It was a beautiful temple and I'm glad that Jay and Tessa got to go through with me!
Photobucket
My "little" bro. We took this after I took his Senior pics....we had so much fun!
Photobucket
My grandparents (on my Dad's side) were just put into a home near my parents. So we spent a few afternoons with them at there place. It is a very nice home and fun to visit. One evening they had a family carnival and one of the things was a pioneer photoshoot...We all dressed up and they took out pic! It was such a fun night...pony rides, cotton candy, dinner, jumpy house....We had a lot of fun spending time with them. (Starting top right going clockwise: me, my mom Debbie, my dad Mark, my grama Martha and grampa Jimmy, my cousin Joseph Cox, and my miss Tessa of course!)
Photobucket
We had a couple crazy thunder/lighting storms while we were there. It was AWESOME! I loved it...I love rain. This is the view from my parents backyard...I loved it when the sky was all crazy colors!
Photobucket
Just chillin'....was the best part of the trip. I really enjoyed seeing my family, especially my mom. We had such a good time going on errands, going on candy runs, talking, cooking, driving places, and just hangin' out. It was my best trip to date!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! I didn't know your parents moved to Utah. Vacations are the best, I am out here in Cali with my Rachel visiting my parents and brother for 3 weeks right now! Sadly, Will is in London on business.

Courtney said...

Nicole, you are so pretty and Tessa is the cutest girl ever. You guys have such a beautiful family. Miss you!

Christina said...

What a fun trip it looks like! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. And your parents helping you to be able to spend Father's Day with your hubby must've been so special!