I've always written my Conference notes down in a journal, but since this is kind of what I'm using for a journal....it works. So here is goes. First of all, I've been praying about a certain something and it was totally answered in conference. I love how Heavenly Father works like that. The power of faith is so real and I'm so grateful for such a wonderful tool that can help us to govern our lives if we let it.
Elder Robert D. Hales gave a great talk on finances and the blessings that come from good financial choices. A few points that stuck out to me were:
-What we learn now will bless our posterity and family.
-Our success is not measured how strongly we are tempted, but how faithfully we respond.
-We need to be joyfully living within our means, being content with what we have.
-Only through the Atonement can we have that mighty change of heart.
Richard G. Scott said "we should never complain when we are living worthily about things in our lives."
Elder Stevenson gave a wonderful talk about the temple and how our homes should be temples as well. Each room should reflect reverence and respect to the holiness to the Lord....Make it a "House of the Lord".
After each conference I always get so pumped up and excited to try harder in my life. Goal setting is something I love doing so I wrote a list of things that I want to work on with my family.
improve on:
family scripture study
better FHE lessons
more church music being played throughout the day
go to the temple more regularly
couple prayers--on knees every night
weekly "council" meetings: go over budget, family goal check in
"All of us are the products of the elements to which we are exposed."
-Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
I love that saying by Pres. Hinckley. It's so true that NEED to surround ourselves with good and uplifting things.
I think more than anything after I watch conference, the thing that impresses me the most is the lives and examples of the Prophet and the General Authorities themselves. I oftenv think during my week, "What would the General Authorities say? What would the General Authorities do in this particular situation?" I love comparing my conduct with theirs...it always makes me want to be better, to be more worthy. I am thankful for men who live their lives in such a way that we can follow. We need more examples like that in this world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am glad for general conference because it is always a good kick in the butt for me. You can't help but love our apostles and those called to serve
Post a Comment