Saturday, February 7, 2009

highlights....

Since my blogging skills have waned, I decided I would reflect on the highlights of the past couple of months. Christmas with my family was a hoot. Congrats to my sister and Terrill for getting engaged ....We arrived in Utah Dec. 26...Terrill asked my dad that night and proposed the next day! He certainly didn't waste any time! They are so happy and totally excited...the big day is March 27th! A quick engagement, but when you know, you know. So you know what proposals mean, wedding dress shopping! We had so much fun making Sister try on a million dresses....She looked beautiful in ALL of them! We went shopping with the intention to get ideas for my mom to made her THE dress, but Em found one Provo that she fell in love with, so she bought it. It's gorgeous. I would totally post a pic, but with the request of my sister, she asked that I wait until the wedding....dang it! Terrill and Em are busy making plans, registering and getting things in order. It's bringing back memories....glad my time is past....hehe

Tessa smiling with glee because her Uncle put tatoos on her arms and belly (which, by the way, took over a month to come off, not two days--thanks John)


My little Tessa is growing and learning so much. Just the other day I was making her lunch and she was standing next to me...and she looks up at me and says, "Mom, you're awesome!" I looked at her with that face like, Did you really just call me awesome? It was too funny. I swear that girl is so smart! She is learning at incredible speeds, I'm just trying to keep up with her! Since her sleeping is still a struggle, Jay and I decided that I should make a chart for her so she can visually see how she is doing. On a piece of paper I put 3 detachable stars on it to remove when she gets out of bed....When all three stars come off the door closes and her chances are up. It's looking pretty good so far, hopefully we'll nip this thing soon!


I just have to say that I love my little girl. Being a mother is the most fulfilling thing I could ever do with my life and I couldn't ask for a better daughter. The days when it's just her and me, she is so wonderful and such a good girl. I totally don't mind going on errands because she is so good and is such a little helper. I love everything about Tess....her cheeks, her cute little waddle-run, her hair, smile....wow, I'm in love! She also loves dancing with me in the living room and acting all silly! And she loves going to the "li-fairy" (library).

Jay and I are doing really good. It's amazing how thinking about the other person really softens your heart and makes you truly happy and content. I was just thinking last night how perfect my life is. I have a wonderful husband who loves and cherishes me, a daughter that is too good to be true, a healthy functioning body, a beautiful home that is perfect for our family, and I know who I am. I feel so grounded. I seriously don't think my life could get more perfect. I wish time would stop so that I could keep it this good always. It's moments and discoveries like this that make me want to appreciate every moment and always be thankful for what I have. It also makes me want to be the best version of me for whatever comes my way!

So I have to update on my meal planning. January was a huge success. In attempt to support Jay with is working out at the gym, I made dinner most days of the week. It was wonderful. I totally enjoyed it and I know Jay appreciated it. On average last year, I spent around $350 a month on groceries, but this month I only spent $270! and we still had plenty of food in the house! What a wonderful discovery! I hope I can keep at it....

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oops I forgot to tell you to use baby oil and they come off! Sorry about that! Glad things are going well for you guys!

Michelle said...

I was going to tell you about baby oil but looks like it was already mentioned!

Ms. said...

oo post some good meal plans I still spend that much on food and household replenishments, but I sometimes think (do I really need to spend this much?)