Saturday, December 13, 2008

is this really necessary?

Tessa is just not sleeping like she used to. I don't know what happened. I'm sure part of it is that she's in a toddler bed now, but really.....is it supposed to be that big of a difference? I'm so frustrated and she is so cranky, which is making me cranky. She is not taking as long of naps and is sleeping less at night. Also, since she can get out of bed now, she usually sleeps right by the door, as you can see. This is a problem because we can't get in her room to put her back to bed because she is blocking the door. So I'm sure she's not sleeping as well because she's on the floor all night. What's a mother to do?

Jay walked by her door the other day and was like, "Nicki, she's literally sleeping under the door!" And there were her little fingers peeking through...She had fallen asleep with her hand under the door like that!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Colby used to sneak down the stairs and sit on them watching TV with us. Toddler bed transition is definitely not easy. I'm thankful Riley hasn't learned how to climb out of her crib yet because Jahnna and Colby both were doing it by 18 months. I spent months laying by jahnna on the floor in her room until she would go to sleep and John would get a book and sit by the doorway of Colby's room for like 2 hours until he finally fell asleep. My mom used to put two gates up in Jason's door way to keep him in. Thankfully it's just a phase when a kid doesn't have sleep issues. I don't know if I'll ever get more than two hours of sleep in a row ever again.

Becky said...

That pic is awesome. Chloe decided to quit the whole crib thing at about 18 months. She did really well the first couple nights and then started wandering. You have to be firm. As soon as she gets up, you take her directly back to her bed. It is TOTALLY exhausting at first, but worth it when they actually stay in bed. Good luck!

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

Now that you caught me stalking your blog... I figure I better leave you a comment! This is funny, because just tonight I was telling you about Maya getting out of her bed. It is just a phase and one you might have to deal with a couple of times if she decides to regress... Anyway, my blog is
colledgefam.blogspot.com

Ms. said...

I am dreading moving andrew to a bed. For now we are going to buy another crib--I don't want to deal with it!