Tuesday, October 21, 2008

more pumpkin patch and Left Bank

Two weekends ago....has it really been two weekends? Oh my, I really need to post more often! We went to the pumpkin patch in Lathrop with the Caldeiras, and Whitehouses. It was super windy and a little cold, but we got some great pumpkins and headed back to our place for hot chocolate and games. It was nice to know that we could fit so many people in our house and we were all pretty comfortable too.


This past weekend Jay and I had our little anniversary vacation in Menlo Park. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and dined at Left Bank Restaurant which was the restaurant that Jay has been supervising the remodel on for the past 9 weeks. It was so fun to see all of the beautiful work that he helped with and it was cool to see what he spent all of those long hours on. We felt like royalty with the general manager, manager, sou chef and head chef come out to us to thank Jason for all that he did! We were in heaven, not to mention that the food was to die for. I actually ordered chicken which I never do at a restaurant since I make it all of the time at home and it was divine...it practically melted in month. It was served with white button mushrooms, and Fuji apples. Heaven, sigh. After a calamari appetizer, entrees, countless Shirley temples, and our delicious dessert (apple tart). Jay took me on a tour of the restaurant including the kitchen! It was neat to see the behind the scenes to such a fancy place!


Saturday we headed over to the Stanford Shopping Center and enjoyed walking around visiting our favorite stores. I don't know why, but I didn't know that Williams and Sonoma has a Home store. It was my far our favorite, in which we spend a good portion of our afternoon. We sat on every couch and chair and dreamed of what our "dream" home will look like and have someday. We had so much fun creating all of the beautiful rooms in our minds! It was quite a relaxing afternoon. We then drove through Atherton where we tried to see some of the ginormous mansions, but for the most part, they were all secluded. Jay was telling me that the cheapest home in Atherton last year went for $850,000. It is one richest cities in the country. Crazy. The median home income is a whopping $201,000! We actually head home around 3pm. I was so tired that I came home and took a nap (and the key to that is that I didn't have to set my alarm!) while Jay baked some muffins (what a little home-maker!). Emily had Tessa for the weekend, so Tess was out with Em and Terrill at a petting zoo and having a grand ol' time. We went to our friend's birthday party for a while and then came home to see Tessa before she went to bed. That was by far my favorite part of the day. I opened the door and she came running to me with a big grin on her face and gave me the biggest hug! I was so excited to see her! It's amazing how much you can miss your little ones, even if it was a short amount of time away. Jason and I had a really nice weekend and it was very nice to be able to spend that quality time together. Thanks Em for watching Tessa so that we could enjoy a nice weekend together!







My little Home-maker. Due to the mass amounts of butternut squash from our neighbor, Jay has been slaving away (at his own will, I might add) making all kinds of delicious creations from muffins to bread to pies! Yummy! What a great hubby I have!

2 comments:

Ms. said...

ooo looks yummy!
www.mariahshill.blogspot.com you've been tagged

Christine said...

Love the picture of you and Jason together - so cute!

And who knew that Jason was a baker? What a talented guy!