Thursday, September 18, 2008

laundry, decorating, and a big fall....

It's funny because I'll have days where I want to write five times a day and other days where I don't want anything to do with writing. So I've gone back and forth a lot over the week and have decided that I just need to catch up. So Monday Jace and I had a folding laundry party. I don't think I've ever folded that much laundry at once! We actually like folding laundry together. Although, there are a little too many short cuts made...I won't mention any names!

Where's Jay?


I'm not usually on the ball with decorating for holidays, but that's probably just because I don't have any decorations. However, I have a few new fall/halloween ones that I got last year, so I put them out early and we busted out the "Clove and Grove" Scentsy scent...so our house smells like fall...I'm in heaven!

So last night we had a little scare. I was at Walmart picking up a few things, and I get a call from Jay that Tessa fell and that we needed to go to the doctor. I rushed home to find a very sad bloody Tessa and Emily. My sister went on a jog with Tessa in the stroller. She was going to take the jogging stroller, but it had three flat tires, so she just took the regular everyday one. BIG MISTAKE. I now know why you should take a jogging stroller for jogging. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. Needless to say there was a fall. Em tripped over a curb and the stroller flipped over and Tessa landed on her mouth and arm. Em said that there was blood everywhere...I felt so bad. Em called me crying, she felt horrible. Jay, Em, Tessa and I went to Kaiser Walnut Creek Minor Injury Clinic. I'm glad we went at an extra precaution. Tessa's fine and is recovering quickly. Her gums and lip above her two front teeth on top are black and blue, but she's not acting like anything is wrong, which is a good sign....Luckily Heavenly Father was watching over Tessa, because I know it could have been a lot worse.....Thankfully everyone survived the traumatic evening events!

At the end of a very long day watching her favorite movie....

Tessa updates.
Tessa is currently 34 lbs! She is looking so much older...My favorite hair style to do on her is pig tails...she looks like such a big girl when I do it! She is talking in sentences and is very good at expressing herself. Yesterday she was sitting on my lap trying to put her whole binky in my mouth..She looks at me during her attempt and says "Eat It!" I about died! It was hilarious. It's funny the things kids say and understand. I'm pretty sure she understands 99% of what I say.

tess factoids:
She is learning to count to ten--nine and three seem to come out the most
She loves the movie Madagascar--she calls it "Move it-Move it" because of the song in it! She wants to watch it everyday!
She calls to me from her crib in the morning with "Nicki!!!" after saying "mommy" a few times.
She loves her horsies and blankets. I actually "caught" her swaddling a baby the other day. She had the blanket laid out on the floor and everything and even did it right!
She loves getting into Emily purses and eating her gum...every time we go in her room, she be lines for her stuff!
She loves buckles, zippers, buttons, and necklaces.
She knows where eye shadow goes.
She loves playing with her cousin Allie!

4 comments:

Lara said...

That sounds like a pretty big fall for Tessa. I am glad she is okay!

petite pronk said...

you poor little girl :( i got your blog from melissa baker, and saw that you had ours! So exciting!!!
You have a beautiful family, lets get in touch,
Cara Paris

Leslie said...

I'm totally playing blog catch-up. How sad for all you guys. I would have been crying if I was Em too! I'm glad that Tessa is okay though, that really could have been a LOT worse. THank goodness!

Leslie said...

Oh and I love your decorations. Did you make some or just buy them? You're so good at decorating, seriously-- when I get a house... you're going to come to Idaho and help me decorate!