Wednesday, September 24, 2008

hummm....

A great weekend.
Friday night we had LaVor and Kimberely over for dinner and games. We played Mexican Trains (fancy dominos). It was so much fun laughing and being silly. Seriously, playing games bring out the crazy side in me!

Saturday Jay and I spent the morning cleaning out the garage. It felt SO good. We usually end up having to about every three months because "someone" likes to just throw things in there! I also organized and labeled all of Tessa's clothes that she has outgrown. Now I finally know where everything is! Yea! Then I went to Dublin Sewing Center with Kelli where she purchased her first sewing machine...so exciting! It was fun dreaming about all of the beautiful machines they have there! And it was definitely nice to get out of the house and get some girly time with Kel. Saturday night we hung out with "the gang", the Whitehouse, Caldeira, and Stokes clan at the Caldeira's abode. We had a yummy pot luck BBQ and played games until 11pm while the kids ran around playing until one by one they fell asleep. Again, the sillies came out and by the end of the night we were all laughing so hard! I loved it!

The gang, Jay, Keith, Krissy, Katie, Brent, Matt

I had to take a picture of Tessa because she just looked so gosh darn cute. I LOVE this shirt that she got for Christmas last year from her auntie auntie Krista. It has fit her this whole year and it looks so cute on here, not to mention that my favorite hair style is pig tails that look adorable...my little baby is growing up!

Sunday we got the privilege of attending a very special baptism for two boys in our ward. Their grandma got baptized a couple of months ago and I got to speak at her baptism and Jay spoke at this one. They are brothers, one 12 and the other 9. It was so nice and refreshing to see the gospel in action at such a young age with a choice that will forever change their lives! Jay gave a talk about the Holy Ghost and did a great job. Afterwards, as we were heading to the room with the refreshments, we greeted our Bishop with a hello. Jay told Tessa to say "hi bishop"...and she did. The Bishop jumped back because he was so surprised that she could talk that well. It made us all laugh...I guess that's Tessa's job, comic relief! It was a great experience and a great end to a good weekend.

No comments: