Thursday, August 7, 2008

{yosemite}

Tessa and I had the opportunity to go to Yosemite yesterday for the day! It was so much fun. I have never been there before and I have always wanted to go. Last week, my neighbor Sam said she was going up to pick up her son from a backpacking trip and drop off some replent food for the other backpackers. She offered for me to come and I said yes! We left around 10:30am and didn't get home until 1:30am...Insane! We actually spent most of the day in th car driving people places in Yosemite. I was surprised at how many people are there during the week and what a tourist attraction it is! We did get to see Glacier Point, the Lower Yosemite Falls, and Bridalveil Falls. The falls weren't very falling considering it's August. It was pretty funny, Sam was like, if there's anything you should see, it's the Lower Falls. As we were approaching the falls, there was barely a trickle of water falling off the rocks! It was hilarious....Sam couldn't believe it...She explained that when she had been there before, the place we were standing you had to keep your camera protected because it got so wet! And we were basically staring at a bunch of dry rocks. I guess it's better to go in the spring time because that's when the snow drifts. Half Dome was amazing to see...pictures don't do it justice. Sam and I had so much fun together. We met up with the boy scouts for dinner...tritip, yummy! It was fun hangin' out with the boys. They were ages 13-14. They were pretty funny. I told them that I'd never seen teenage boys eat salad so fast! I guess the dehydrated food they'd been eating wasn't doing it for them! After dinner we headed home after a long day. I don't know how Sam did it, but she was superwoman driving home. She didn't even get tired! I was so exhausted and delirious. I couldn't keep my eyes open. The second we got home, we crashed. The day was so fun and it was so nice to be outside in nature...Who could ask for anything more?! I love this beautiful earth and am thankful everyday for a Father in Heaven who would give us such beauty to enjoy!
Driving into Yosemite
Sam and I
Just outside the park, we had to get gas on the way home. I had to take a picture. I was floored at how much desiel can be!
We also stopped at the Ahwahnee Hotel...That is definitely on my list of places to stay someone! Tessa did so good in the backpack and it wasn't that bad carrying her! What a cutie!


Left to Right: me at Glacier Point, Sam, Tessa, and I at Lower Falls (with nothing falling in the background, I might add).

2 comments:

Erin said...

Funny! The hotel was right next door to the bed and breakfast John and I stayed at on our last day of our honeymoon. We walked over there and had dinner. Outrageously expensive! Fun to see it again.

Davis Family said...

I love these pictures! Jeremy and I will have to check this place out.