some of the things that we did to set the mood for the party:
Jason transformed this backyard by adding, a waterfall that flows into the pool, the foliage behind the pool, a beautiful redwood deck and planting many rose bushes!
cotton candy machine (my mom's favorite!)
yummy dinner-teriyaki chicken!
we (my aunt and I) had lei's shipped from Hawaii for my parents so they would feel extra special and smell wonderful!
we had Hawaiian music playing throughout the party...which set a perfect mood and was most relaxing.
there were tiki torches all along the back fence
I had a display of pics hanging from a fishing net of my parents at their wedding day and a couple of the earlier years
there was a guest sign-in where I had all of the family email letters to me for them, all of my mom's and dad's siblings were included!
white lights and candles...what a way to set the mood. the lighting was perfect and romantic!
we served pineapple delight for dessert which had some sentimental value because my mom grew up have a pineapple stand with her family at their county fair
the story.
About six months ago, my dad calls me up and tells me of his plan to take my mom on a anniversary trip. He also tells me that he wants "the family" to have a party for him and my mom...and that he was going to keep the party a secret. By that time, I had already been planning a little surprise of my own! Let me back up even further...
...About a year and a half ago, I decided that I wanted to something unexpected and huge for my parents 25th. So I called my sister up and told her that I wanted to send my parents to Hawaii! Now, if you know my parents, you know that they have never been on a vacation EVER, just the two of them, besides their honeymoon to Tahoe...To make a long story short, my sister and I (and a bro helped a little) saved our pennies (well, the majority of it was Jason's pennies) and saved enough to where we are sending them to Hawaii for six days/five nights! I can't wait for them to go...They are going in October. My dad has never been and my mom hasn't been in almost 30 years. Anyway, when my dad called about wanting to have a party for them I thought that it would be a perfect opportunity to give them their trip to Hawaii. During all of the preparation for this and the trip, I had been telling my Aunt Krista that there better be tears from both of them! and there was! It was so perfect. Emily, John, Jason (holding Tessa), and I stood in front of everyone at the party while they were eating dinner and each took our turns saying nice things about them. I had to write mine down because there was so much I wanted to say and I wanted it to be perfect! My sister started us off and I finished by handing them luggage tags and telling them that they were going to Hawaii! IT WAS AN AMAZING feeling to give so big. I absolutely love my parents and wanted them to know that through every detail of the party! It was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better night! We "hired" a photographer, who's a junior in high school-but super amazing, to take the pics. Here are a few of the shots:
The Hoxie's came to the party too! I know my mom was truly touched that they could be there to share this occasion with them!

6 comments:
You look GORGEOUS in these pictures.
You did such an amazing job planning it and you worked so hard. Everything looked great!
nicole, you are absolutely golden. i cannot believe how hard you work and how thoughtful you are! i can only aspire. miss you and love you lots!
I know, you look so pretty. I'm glad to read all the details, you did such a great job!!
great, great picture. what a good looking family.
I am so happy that worked out for you. I looked like a picture perfect day. I am so excited for your parents!
Post a Comment