That night we were honored to go to Mercedes baptism in Livermore. I had been to a couple of discussions with the missionaries and we've tried to welcome her at church. I was able to be one of the speakers at the baptism. I just have to say that I've never been at a baptism where the spirit was so strong. None of Mercedes family are members except her son-in-law, who is completely inactive. He is Samoan and one of the Elders that has been teaching Mercedes is Samoan too. So the Elder arranged for the Oakland 8th Samoan choir to
come and sing at the baptism . What an amazing experience. It was beautiful and so moving. There really aren't words to describe the beauty and the spirit that the felt there. The chapel was full and I'm so grateful for the many that were there to support Mercedes and her decision to get baptized. The refreshments were great and they even had they Samoan drink that was super yummy with coconut milk and mango! Anyway, Jason was able to confirm her on Sunday. I was really touched that we were able to be a part of such a great thing. I love missionary work and the gospel and am thankful for the examples of new members and the fire that they have for the gospel. My dad was able to come with Jay and I which made it more special for me!
Monday-{7/7} was a fun day. My dad, Jason, and Matt rented a boat at Del Valle and went fishing early in the morning. Matt and Jason decided to be naughty and jump off of a small cliff side.... But they had fun...my dad drove the boat and got caught in some trees somehow! When they came home,
none of us felt like making lunch so we went to Red Robin for their Crispy Chicken salad! So yummy...it was fun going out as a family. We rarely ate out growing up, so whenever we get to, it's always nice! My mom, sister, and I went to get pedicures and manicures that afternoon. My neighbor told me about this new place that opened up in Livermore. I am so glad she told me about it. It was so nice and relaxing....and CLEAN!!! It's called Bollinger nails. I've decided I want to go every month for a pedi. It was cool because they didn't make you get up to get your 
manicure,they just did it in the pedicure chair...So fun! I hadn't done something like that in over a year! Monday night we had a big BBQ. The Hoxie's came, as well as Matt and Maddie, and our neighbors stopped by too! It was so hot that we got a kiddie pool for the little ones to play in. I'm so glad we did. Tessa would live in there if she
could! It was a great fun filled day!
Tuesday-{7/8}was nothing exciting. I think that the heat over took the day. My parents, however, went to the American Idol concert in San Jose. So I just chilled that night. We went in the pool for a little while. Water is so calming and soothing....what I would give to have a real pool in my backyard! After dinner I mentioned to Jay that I wanted dessert. It immediately started making something while I sewed and watched the season finale of The Bacholarette! He was in the kitchen for 2 hours slaving away!
Creme Puffs with a chocolate ganache with bananas....heavenly.
A tired girl at the end of a long fun day running around and exploring new things! Oh to be one!

3 comments:
First off, I need to say how cute you are! You are always so dang cute and I can never decide what hair color I like best on you! They all look so great! I can tell that being a mom and being married to Jason is just so perfect for you - you are always glowing!
Let me just say how good those creme puffs were! Yum!
This place is awesome! We went there about the same time and I LOVED all the exhibits!
Post a Comment