Monday, June 30, 2008

Wise Words

Our Stake President spoke yesterday in Sacrament Meeting. I missed the First Presidency message that was read at the beginning of the meeting. I guess it pays to be there on time. Oh well...hopefully I learned my lesson. Anyways, Pres. Alexander talked about the importance to be prepared. To be prepared to teach the gospel to others. I can't remember much more than that, other then the distinct impressions I got while listening to him. The spirit was strong, and I was grateful for his words. The couple that spoke for the majority of the meeting are leaving to go on a mission to Paraguay. They talked about how a mission just kind of fell into their laps. Her husband was able to retire early, their finances were in order, and they were able to go much earlier then they planned. Pres. Alexander reiterated the importance to always be prepared, we never know when the Lord will need us for certain things. I got all fired up listening to his words, and the desire to go on a mission someday with Jay increased. Sometimes I complain because our finances have been a little tight in the past. I done complaining. I now commit to be that person that is prepared and ready for all the things the Lord wants me to do and serve. I am thankful for all that I have done and have been able to give to others. I want to serve a mission someday with my wonderful husband. I want to follow the what the prophets have counseled for us to be prepared financially and with other things too...like food storage. How important in these times when the world is so unstable to be ready for anything. I take great strength in knowing that I can always be an instrument in the Lord's hands if I am prepared. I have faith that a way will be made for our family for whatever His will is for us!

2 comments:

Ms. said...

Good for you! I have to always tell myself to recommit. You never know what will happen in the future. It was so GREAT to see you! When we move to Cali we can go to the beach together! I just love Tessa!

Ms. said...

I have been starting to get food storage. ALl these years of counsel and I am finally doing it!