I love the water. There's no place I'd rather be....hey, isn't that a song or something? Anyway, if I could pick to go anything in the world, I'd most likely pick a place where there was a beach close by! On Saturday, it was like a million degrees, so we went to our friend Matt's house and went swimming...the water was about 80 degrees, but it was definitely an improvement from just sitting inside. Then, on Monday Tessa and I went to New Brighton Beach in Capitola with the Gardaniers (and Kerry's sister and husband), Florians, Whitings, Hiltons, and the Shipleys. Us moms and kids went down around noon and some of our husbands met us after work for a bonfire and dinner! It was so much fun...I haven't spent a whole day like that in a year and it felt so good to go home and be in one of my favorite places. I am always in awe of the ocean and the beauty there is when I look at the water. What a blessing it is to live close to it. I am so thankful for nature and for the earth because it really helps be to gain humility and gratitude for all that Heavenly Father has given us and for all the wonderful things He wants us to enjoy, see and experience! I hope that I can go to the beach more often this summer!
Tessa was holding Jay's head under the water so he would blow bubbles!
Once Daddy got there, she was all about daddy. She is such a Daddy's girl!
Our bonfire! Roasty toasty hotdogs and marshmellows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Soooo fun! I'm like you - I love the water. I think the ocean is my favorite place to be. I was so bumbed we couldn't hook up on Monday - Em had gymnastics. But we definitely want to go!
It was a great day at the beach and I'm glad a whole bunch of us were able to go. I'm hoping to go again at least once next month and Stephen has promised me that when we do it, he'll take the whole day off work and just come with us.
Post a Comment