So our anticipated weekend was really fun. It was so nice to just be with Jason and have a change of scenery. Napa valley is so beautiful and relaxing. I really hate to admit this, but on the way up there I really just wanted a cheese burger from McDonalds because I was soo hungry. We search high and low and there wasn't one in sight. I think that they are too good up there for such things as fast food....which is alright with me. It was refreshing to see and enjoy the quaint small town feel. All of the wineries and the homes are so beautiful there. The high school was one of the most beautiful buildings believe it or not! We had a really nice time at Jason's company dinner. We all sat a long table covered in paper. The waiters came in with big "buckets" in their hands and poured out heaps of seafood, artichokes, potates, and an aray of other things directly onto the table. It was totally southern style! I loved it, minus the fact that I was dressed really nice. Good thing they had bibs to go with the meal! So I'm proud to say that I shelled my own lobster and shirmp. It was very delicious and a creative way to eat such a yummy feast! There with us was one of Jay's co-workers Mike Needham and his wife Joyce, whom we know from church. We had a really nice time talking and joking around with them!
.....A really enjoyable and relaxing weekend without the offspring. A trip much needed and appreciated!

Jason, Mike, Joyce and Me after a most delicious seafood feast! Notice the pile of seafood at the bottom of the picture. Yes, that was all consumed by Mike. Out of the 50+ people that were there, Mike out ate everyone! It was a sight to see! So much fun!

3 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend getaway. I love your outfit! Can I borrow it tomorrow night for Stephen's work party? JK! But I really do love it.
You look beautiful! Who knew you were getting dressed up to go to a crab fest!
You look like one hot mama in that outfit! And Jason doesn't look too bad himself!
What a fun night and to hang out with the Needham's too - too fun! And who knew Jacki Taylor's dad could eat soooo much seafood!
Post a Comment