Thursday, November 15, 2007

Picture perfect

As you all know Tessa's first birthday is next week! And to think I was VERY pregnant and over due this time last year! I have been getting together and creating some fun things for her big first birthday party. One of which is a guest sign in for those who come to the party. For our wedding reception Jason and I had a matted framed picture of us and our guests signed the mat. I thought it would be cute to start a tradition and do the same thing for each of our children on their 1st birthday!

....So yesterday Tessa, Madeleine (the cute little girl I watch), and I went to the park to take some pics for the frame! I took over 100 pics and she smiled for 2 of them! What a little stinker! I tried everything to get her attention, but NOTHING worked. I probably looked so goofy incesently repeating her name over and over again trying to get her to look at me. Basically wherever I was standing, she was looking the opposite way...Good thing she's such a cute little girl because my patience was dwindling. Thankfully I still got some great shots! Here's a taste of Tessa Marae looking curiously at everything around her. And she had her very first swing ride too! She loved it!



Not sure about the swing at first, but she quickly began to like it!


This is her "Sassy Nicki Jr." shot!


Smile #1...


Smile #2...

I am definitely framing this cutie! All in all, it was some fun picture taking!

Here's Maddie and Tessa...they are becoming such little buddies!
Home Improvement updates...

The bathroom is turning into a very lengthy project. At the beginning of the week, Jason and I talked about having the goal for the bathroom to be done by Friday....Now we're probably looking at Monday or Tuesday. I'm totally fine with the delay, but I am learning quickly what being a home owner is all about! So much fun and work!

3 comments:

Christine said...

"Oh sweet, the Hoxie's have a blog! Look at the baby - oh look at the baby's curly hair!" That is from your favorite primary kid - Emily!

Too cute! I can't wait to see what the bathroom looks like! Hurry up Jason!

art history alli said...

I love the pictures! Your daughter is beautiful, especially when she smiles! I love the one of her wide open mouth- she looks like she's having a wonderful time.

Michelle said...

You got some great pictures-even though she wasn't always smiling. Having people sign a mat is a good idea-I'm sure it's something she'll always love. I can't wait to see your whole house!