Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Transitions

"Summer" is coming to an end.  Not the actual equinox, but that lovely transition of no school to going back to school!  Today was the last day of non-routine for the year.  Tomorrow my sweet and crazy kiddos start school!  Tessa will be in fourth grade and I can't believe how old she is getting!  She is so responsible and kind.  She is always ready to step in and help me any way she can.  She is on top of any situation she is in and is aware of what is going on around her.  She keeps me in line when it comes to organizing and keeping things clean and tidy.  She is a fabulous reader and loves to read at her own will.  We started reading Anne of Green Gables a couple of days ago together and I am loving and look forward to the time of reading with her every night!  She is growing into a wonderful and kind young lady and I couldn't be happier with who she is becoming!

Hudson is starting second grade!  He is excited for recess, friends, school lunch and math.  Tomorrow in not only his first day of a new grade, but its also his birthday!  My almost seven year old.  I think back to this day seven years ago when I started going into labor with him and how much life has changed since then.  It was so much more simpler then.  Life is good now and I hope that Mr. Hudson really does well this year, especially socially.  I pray that he finds some good friends this year.  He is still extremely challenging, but I am more and more hopeful that he is going to great things in this life.  He has such a kind and tender heart and he can be quite witty at times!  Lately, he LOVES taking things apart and loves batteries.  He loves taking batteries in and out of toys.  For his birthday Adrienne and Lowell gave him a remote control car and a big pack of batteries and he was just excited about the batteries as he was about the car!

Felicity is going into Kindergarten.  I can hardly believe she is old enough to go to school.  She is still such a little squirt to me!  But I am so excited for her and am really happy that I still get half the day with her at home before she has to go to school all day.  She is nervous to go tomorrow, but I know she is going to love it!  Earlier today I was listening to the soundtrack from the movie, The Help and she came into the kitchen to where I was.  She looked like she was about to cry.  I asked her what was wrong and she told me that the song was making her sad.  I asked her why it was making her sad and she said that it made her think about someone dying.  It was so sweet and she was so honest and vulnerable about how she felt.  I think this experience really shows who she is.  She is so aware of whats going on around her and picks up on the smallest details.  She is so sweet and tender and wants  everyone to be happy.  Lately in her prayers at night, she has been praying for me and thanking Heavenly Father for how hard I work.  It means the world to me that she said that and she thinks of it all on her own which makes me overjoyed!  I am so thankful for her in my life.  I learn a lot from that little girl:)

And let's not forget my sweet little Thatcher.  Although he isn't going to school, I can't believe that he isn't little babe anymore.  He is my big one year old!  I can't believe that I won't ever be doing the baby thing anymore.  Part of me is sad that I won't experience any of wonderful baby moments, but most of me is thankful and excited for the new phase of life that I'm coming into to.  I am so thankful and blessed for the four children God has blessed me with.  Mr. Thatcher is so fun these days.  He is standing on his own and has taken three and four steps!  The words he is saying (in order) are: Uh-oh, this, that, and thank you.  Yes, he says thank you.  Today, he said it so clearly, it was shocking that something so little could say it so well!  He still loves his snuggy and really only wants his binky when he goes to bed.  He still takes way too short of naps, but he loves when I read to him; which none of my other kids were interested in books until much older than he is.  I am so excited to spend more one on one time with him when the kids are in school and I love that he is mine!!!  And those brown eyes are killer and I'm sure he'll get away with a lot with those deep dark delicious chocolate colored orbs looking at me!

I am off to bed. Ready for a fresh new day.  Ready for kids to have balance and for me as well.  Its going to be a great day and I'm excited for Hudson's birthday too.  I am so blessed and thankful for the life Heavenly Father has blessed me with.  He is gracious and so merciful and I thank Him daily for the bounty I have.

No comments: