Friday, August 7, 2015

catching up.

Happy 4 Years Felicity!


I can't believe it's been this long since I've posted on this here bloggity blog.
I think with the anticipation with delivering my fourth, I feel a sense of reflection.  Looking back to when I stopped posting, life was crazy and oh so busy.  Having three small kids under the age of 4 was so incredibly difficult for me and nearly broke me.  Even though Felicity was such a great and happy baby, I got postpartum depression…which made life even more of a challenge.  With Tessa and Hudson being so high energy and with all three of them wanting all different things at the same time almost drove me to madness.  As I reflect on the past four years, my life has changed so much.  I enjoy being a mother much more now.  

Tessa is now a baptized eight year old and going into third grade!  For the most part she is such a wonderful helper.  I know I can pretty much always count on her to give me a hand when I need it.  With this pregnancy being so hard on my body, she has truly been a life saver…carrying laundry baskets up and down the stairs, sweeping, changing sheets, doing dishes, picking things up…she's amazing and reliable!  I am so thankful for her and for her enthusiastic energy!

Hudson, oh Hudson.  He is full of energy these days and when he wakes up, I never know what I am going to get!  Some days are better than others.  He is going to be six in a couple of weeks and is starting first grade.  I would be lying if I said I'm sad that he'll be in school all day.  I really couldn't be more happy about it.  It is going to be good for both of us.  He has been quick a challenge the past few months and I think going to school will give us both some balance.  He also really thrives on the structure that school brings.  It'll be interesting how he does being in school all day.  On a happy note, he is still as affectionate as ever with me and he still has the greatest squishiest kissable checks there ever was!

Felicity, my sweet now four year old!  Her life has been a whirlwind with her brother and sister at her side.  I know that is just what she loves.  If Tessa is gone for a long period of time, she just keeps asking me when Tessa is coming home.  It's pretty cute how they get along.  She will be starting preschool and she is so excited to be like her brother and sister with going to school!  She will be going three days a week and I think it'll be wonderful for her!  I am also really looking forward for the time her and I (and baby) will get to spend together during the day without the older two.  Some one on one Felicity/mommy time is something she doesn't really get very often, especially last year with Hudson only being in Kindergarten.  Felicity is so agreeable and naturally good natured.  She says thank you for every meal she is given, without prompt.  She is the very definition of her name; happy.  And that is what I need in my life!!!  I love that girl!

I am so excited for this school year and for the balance it will bring with the whole family!  I am also really looking forward to really enjoying this sweet new baby about to join our family.  I will be able to spend good time with the baby without the chaos of all the kids home all day long.  It will be quite lovely.  And the timing of him coming is great too because he is due in four days and the kids start school in less than two weeks, so it'll be perfect!


This cute four year old brightens my day and has the cutest sense of humor.  She is happy, ready to do whatever it is that her siblings have in store for her.  She loves playing with little tiny toys.  She hates her hair being brushed, I mean screams every time!  She has the best manners and the sweetest prayers. She is tiny with a tiny cute voice.  She loves to play dress up and LOVES to dance.  We'll be watching a movie and if there is background music with a good beat, she can't help but get up and move!  She loved doing dance and loved being on the stage, wearing makeup with her hair curled and in her costume.  She gives fabulous hugs and is aware of everyone around her.  She loves primary and is so good during Sacrament Meeting.  She is happy playing by herself, or with her siblings.  She is a joy!

1 comment:

Ms. said...

This freaks me out---4? Last time I saw you she was a teeny baby! So beautiful! OH my gosh motherhood kicks my pants too and I was having like nightly sweats thinking about having our next. This time around being 30 my body is like "ya.....no thanks" it was hard being pregnant before but this time woa nelly so I feel your pain love!
I'm excited for you and your new addition it sounds like you all are excited as well! lol I am so happy when my oldest could go to school. It hasn't quite worked out yet that he has been able to do full day but hopefully this year will be a success!! Yay for structure outside the home! And just so you know since he was 3 I've had him in preschool because he needed to get out of my house lol, structure, structure.