I have deemed {embrace} the word of the year. I love this word. It's such a complete word and can be applied to all aspects of life. As I get older and as each year goes by, I want this word to describe me and how I live my life.
Today was a good day, no, a great day. For so many reasons, the first being that the kids are fed and in bed sleeping...hehe :) No but really, it started with a 6 mile run early this morning with my pal Lara. I have never ran 6 miles at one time before in.my.whole.life, and it felt AMAZING!! I never thought I would say this, but I think i am falling in love with running. It's free, it feels good, it's fantastic for my health, and it gives me a chance to think and ponder life! I didn't want to jinx it, but I am running a half marathon in May. I couldn't be more excited about it. I am not a good runner and have never had any interest in it, but I wanted to change that and turn my weakness of running into a goal that I could accomplish..and it's feeling so good! And it was such a great way to start out the day, not only because it got my blood pumping, but because I found amazing spots to do photo sessions and I simply adore being outside. There is something so invigorating about breathing in fresh air! Yah!
After the run, Jay and I dropped the kids off at Lara's and headed in the truck to Mountain House (after stopping at Noah's Bagels to get my fav...2 chocolate chip bagels warmed up!) I found this great leather couch and chair set on craigslist for $50 and we headed out to get them...They actually turned out to be a great find! On the way back, we drove by a garage sell and found an awesome solid pine desk. I've been looking for a new desk for our new place.. I am going to set up an area for a photography "studio" work space. No more craft/sewing area, it's all about the photography now. I' excited about it, I love that my creativity is evolving and changing...That means I'm growing!
When I got back to Lara's to get the kids, Lara was sad to say that Tessa had permanently altered part of her body, okay not permanently, but it felt that way! She CUT HER HAIR OFF OF ONE SIDE....it's true and sad. But I guess it turned out to be a good thing. Her cousin Allie did the same thing and now has a cute bob cut, so naturally Tessa wanted to be like her cousin! Now they have matching haircuts. Tessa couldn't be happier, while I sighed and watched my little girl grow a little older in her determined independence. I definitely will be posting pictures soon! She really looks adorable. I was sad to see the locks go, but she's cute no matter what:)
This afternoon I had a maternity photo session with one of Jay's co-workers and it rocked. I make it a point to say a prayer before each session...that I'll be inspired, that I'll capture my client at their best and their personality and that we can have fun. I take my quest for my photography career very seriously and thankfully, Heavenly Father has been with me every step of the way. It's quite amazing really, I feel so peaceful and right about doing this in my life and that feels so good, especially when I am constantly questioning my judgement in other areas of my life, mostly that of being a mommy. Anyway, this session couldn't have gone smoother. Her outfit rocked, her husband was adorable and they just knew how to pose. Not to mention that luck was on my side today, and the lighting was quite lovely! I LOVE it when I have sessions like this, when everything goes well. I feel so good afterwards and it makes me even more thankful for talents and all that Heavenly Father has given me to share with others.
We ended the night by going to a wedding reception, just me and the kids, minus Jay...he went to dinner with his dad and buddy in the City. Note to self- Please don't go to receptions unless both parents are present! Otherwise, there is only stress and wondering if everyone is staring at you, thinking you are a crazy lady!
Now that we've cleared that up, I sit at my very very very messy desk, worn out, congested from allergies and ready to go to bed....But wait, there's more to be done...Too much laundry on my bed to fold, dishes to be cleaned and things to be picked up off of the floor all-over-the-house. And you know something? I wouldn't change a thing about any of it. It means that today was busy, full of things to do, and that we are living....and boy are we living! Never a dull moment, and I'm okay with that :) Embrace it all....that's why we are here.
Good night :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
where are you moving to? Awesome finds! OH dear the hair! I am sure she looks super cute with it short though (my neice did that)
Love you friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment