Monday, May 11, 2009

i ate too much

25 weeks
on Mama's Day. I don't know what is wrong with me. This whole pregnancy thing has made me want to eat SO much! After dinner at the Hoxie's I had to go lay down in between dinner and dessert....And I was asleep before 10pm which makes me think I went into a food coma!



Mama's Day was great. Jay couldn't stop telling me how much he appreciates me. It was wonderful. Church was great...which is a lot for me to say since I feel like I haven't gotten that much out of church with serving in nursery and all.. Anywho, we had the kids make, well frost, okay just put the sprinkles on the frosted sugar cookies for their mommy's. It was really fun.



Since money is well......money, Jay wrote me this lovely letter when I woke up yesterday morning...

dear nicki
happy mother's day! what does one say to such a special person! i love you, great job, you're awesome, you're sweet. i adore you, etc. the list could go on and on! perhaps the greatest thing i possibly could say is thank you! thank you for being a mother, thank you for having and desiring to have the title of mother. i know with the title of mother means that a long list of sacrifices comes with it. dirty diapers, less sleep, always washing laundry, cleaning the house, running errands, cooking, baking, sewing, on and on and on!

if on paper someone could see the pros and cons of being a mother, you'd think they would forgo the title and be satisfied without children. not you. you saw the list weighed the pros and never even gave a look at the cons. to this day i have never seen you ever complain about the title of mother, mom, mama, or even MAMA!!! it is such a blessing to be married to a mother who so unselfishly, unquestioningly gives of all she has to make our family, our home....a place of the spirit, of reverence, of love, a little bit of heaven! so thank you nicole, thank you a million times.

i love u.

4 comments:

Shannon and Cameron said...

Coupla things...

1. Jason is VERY sweet.
2. Jason is an excellent writer!
3. You look adorable.
4. I want to borrow your suze cd...

Erin said...

No way my brother wrote that! J/K he's a pretty good guy and I think I'll keep him as a brother if that's ok with you! =) Thanks so much for the mothers day card. It came this afternoon. Things like that make me think that maybe I can get through just one more day when the days are rough. I keep them so I can reread them on bad days. Sure do love you guys and I think you look awful cute but I just gotta say I'm glad we're done! =)

Ms. said...

Happy mother's day that is so sweet of J! Hehe I know exactly how you felt with the eating thing

Kelli said...

What a cute letter from Jason, so sweet!!! And you are as hot as ever! Love the belly pic.