Sunday, February 22, 2009

excuses, excuses....

So yes, it's true, I'm pregnant. Pretty much the main reason for my blogging absence for the past two months. Also, I have "misplaced" my SD card, so taking pictures is a little hard to do at the moment. So the first trimester was a little rough, I did have morning sickness...well, I still occasionally do. And a couple of months before we got pregnant, I had a miscarriage. So the past few months have been a little emotional to say the least...Hence the not-in-the-mood-for-blogging mode. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.
I am currently 14 weeks and it's going by so fast. Having this be my second, the weeks seem to fly by, and occasionally I even forget that I'm with child because I'm so involved with miss Tessa. It's kind of nice actually...I'm not sitting around, waiting in anticipation for the baby's arrival! I've had two ultrasounds and everything looks normal and heatlhy. Jason and I feel so blessed and lucky that our family will be growing soon! And I feel good about the distance between Tessa and the baby to be. So stay tuned for more baby bump updates!
Tessa is growing and learning at incredible speeds and I've been wanting to record the silly and random things that she's been saying, like:
At least one time a day for the past two weeks, she's been telling Jay and I that she's going to be a doctor.
Or that her new favorite thing to say is, Go away!
Or when she woke up one morning she told me that there was a tiger in her room and for the whole morning she kept saying over and over, Go away Tiger!
Or that we've tried to potty train her two different times, and she's just not quite there yet.
Jay and I are so blessed and this year is already starting out so good. We are excited for Em getting married next month. We love the time we spend with Tessa. And we can't wait for the arrival of baby #2. Life is definitely good. I keep telling Jay that this is our time, right now, to be happy and enjoy this wonderful life. And by golly, it is our time!

9 comments:

Ms. said...

congratulations!!!!

Leslie said...

I so totally knew that's what your next blog entry was going to be about. I've been suspecting for QUITE a while now. I am so excited for you guys!! Congratulations!! (And I'm glad you are starting to feel better too.)

Chelsea B. said...

Congrats! That is wonderful. I'm with Leslie, I kind of had a feeling that was coming next. Glad you are feeling better.

Baker Family said...

What great news!!! I am looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday.
~Melissa

Michelle said...

Congrats, Congrats!

Tanner Family said...

Yeah! Congratulations! And guess what I am 1 week behind you!

Kimberly said...

Yippee! I was wondering when you'd spill the beans. We're way excited for you guys!

Healing Hearts with self love! said...

Cangrats...That is so awesome... Having two is so much fun, crazy at times but so much fun...

Pili girl~ said...

Hey hey hey... congratulations on Baby #2. The Lord is definitely good. God bless your family...