
a redneck if you shoot guns off the back hill of your house right before Thanksgiving dinner.

This year for Thanksgiving...we spent it with the Hoxies at Jay's grama's house in Sunol. I spent the morning cooking pie, crescent rolls, and homemade cranberry sauce! While I was cooking our neighbors Sam and her son Chad stopped by to give us an apple pie that Chad made...He's 12 and thought to give it to us all on his own! I was very impressed with his mad pie skills and it was o-so-delicious. I am thankful for wonderful neighbors.
After preparing all of the food, we headed to Grama Hoxie's and hung out and shot guns until dinner. I love shooting guns and have only done it one other time when Jay and I were dating. I shot with a 30/30, 12 gauge, and a 308...yeah, the 308 almost knocked me over...and I was definitely sore the next day! I shot one round with that thing and I was done! Still, it was fun...and I love trying new things and I love hangin' out with the guys! I always did want to be a boy scout growing up....
Jay is so good about explaining things that he is familiar with. anything to do with construction, heavy equipment, road laws and regulations, and guns! He gave everyone the low-down on how to load, hold, and handle the guns. I do have to say that I found it quite attractive that he is so good with them!!





me, travis, allan and jay, galen, julian, lowell
Dinner was so yummy and I really enjoyed spending time with family. We played a couple of games after dinner and then headed home with our turkey comas...
Sitting around the table with full tummies.
Tessa and Allie watching Little Mermaid....


The next day we did do a little shopping with Galen and mama Hoxie. We went to Baughman's in Livermore and bought Jay a cowboy hat and a shirt. I do have to admit that he looks pretty cute with his cowboy hat on! We went to a couple of other stores, but kept it pretty low key. That night we road Bart into the City to see Phantom of the Opera at the Orpheum Theatre. It was incredible and so fun. The theater was beautiful and amazing as well. All of the Hoxie family went and we got all dressed up! It was fun being with family and doing something out of the ordinary! I love shows and seeing new things! What a grand adventure to remember.
me, jay, lowell (who always looks so thrilled in pictures), adrienne, travis
amanda, galen, marissa (amanda & galen's friend), allan and megan
4 comments:
Thatsa nice-uh (borat accent) Where do you live---the country? And where did you get that adorable seat for tessa????
Jealous!!!! I miss my family! Maybe next year we can come out. John took Jahnna and Colby out shooting also. Colby loved it until he had to give Jahnna a turn then he got mad. I miss the green hills too.
The Orpheum is my FAVORITE theater in the City. I would almost see anything there just so I could be inside that beautiful building!
So much fun! I bet Jas does look good in a Cowboy hat! I think the Hoxies need to invite the gun shooting Fish Heads over next year!
Post a Comment