Monday, September 8, 2008

post with no name

This weekend was rather boring and relaxing, I guess. Jay had to work both Saturday and Sunday. He's only worked like 3 Sundays since we've been married, so I wasn't worried. I felt so bad for the poor guy...NO WEEKEND for him at all. He had to be at work this morning at 5am, yuck. I would hate to be him, but I know he would hate to be at home all day, so I guess it works out! When Jay's not around, I have a hard time keeping going, I usually take a nap when he's at work or on the weekend, when he's gone. It's just so much better when he's here with me. I guess that's good thing that I like being with him so much. We have come a long way...When we were first married, I hate to say that I dreaded the weekends because I would HAVE TO spend time with him. Needless to say, things are quite the opposite now. I chalk up our first year as totally being a learning experience that we needed in order to appreciate what we've got now! Here's to a great week and I'm determined to stay motivated!

Stake Conference was yesterday. I always love listening to the Stake President speak. I listen to their words with great care. Yesterday he spoke on balance and priorities. He spoke of family and personal scripture study, family home evening, and family and personal prayer. I know that our family has a hard time with those things and I want so badly to be better. What is it that makes these things so hard sometimes? Jason and I talked last night how if we don't start now, then when are we going to? Just like President Spencer Kimball said, "Just do it!" And I intend to....

No comments: