Saturday, August 23, 2008

All things Tessa...

We love to do airplane
say cheese!
I look at this picture and wonder what is going on in that little head of hers!

I have to say that being a mom is so rewarding, on a daily basis. There are many moments of frustration and stress, of course...but there are definitely more happy, fun, and plain ol' silly moments that out weigh the yucky stuff....Like yesterday: Tessa and I were leaving Walmart and as I was getting her out of the cart,
she says to me "Wo Tiger!"
I looked at her and asked,
"Did you just say 'wo tiger'?"
She looks at me and says, "yeah"!
I was dying! Where did she come up with that? Later that day I realized that I'm the one that says that to her and I have never really realized that I even say that! If you would have told me six months ago that she would be talking in sentences this early, I would have thought you were crazy....But here we are, and she is talking like a toddler! It's amazing to me what she picks up and understands. I talk to her like I would to talk to my friends. She just gets it! I love it!
Little miss independent.

Today I was singing while playing the piano and Tessa was sitting on my lap playing with me. After a couple of minutes she started getting whiney. She started saying to me (in her whiney voice)...."No Singing!" She kept saying it over and over again....She was getting really frustrated and along with saying that was attempting to pull my hands off of the keys so I would stop playing. I was laughing so hard. It was so stinkin' funny! She was determined to get me to stop singing and playing....Turns out she was just tired. I picked her up and laid her in her crib and she hasn't made a sound since (it's only been 30min.)...Silly little girl!

No comments: