Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Tramatic Day

Thursday was a crazy day. It all started a little too early in the morning...it went like this:

2:38am -Tessa started screaming, and I mean screaming. I went in her room and got her out of her crib. As I was holding her she had like 4 or 5 tremor things. These big shakes....And it would totally scare her and then she would scream louder which scared me more! After I calmed her down, Jay came in and we decided to take her temperature because she felt warm. Turns out she had 103.9 degree temp. I couldn't believe it! I called the Kaiser hotline...but was on hold too long (go figure, at 2:30 in the morning). We decided to just give her Motrin to help with the fever. She laid in bed with us for a while, but that wasn't working because Jay and I don't sleep well when she's in the bed with us. After about 30 mins. she finally fell back asleep in her crib.

4:20am - She stared crying again. As this point, it was time for Jason to get up and get ready for work. I went in to her room...changed her very full diaper and laid her back down. She was still so freaked out, so I just stood there and patted her back for a while. As I was standing there trying to console her and having flash backs of when she was a new born, the thought of having another baby freaked me out a little...the not getting any sleep part anyway! The consoling wasn't working, so I just left and went back to bed. She cried for maybe 20mins and then fell back asleep.

6:50am - I get woken up by my sweet husband calling me making sure Tessa was okay and to see if I was awake. I was actually thankful for his call because I was supposed to be already up and getting ready because I was headed to my aunts for the day. I quickly got ready and in the process Tessa woke up. I got her ready and headed out the door. Surprisingly, when we left around 8am I was in a very good mood. Jay had told me that there was a huge accident on 680 southbound and that I should go through Niles Canyon. To make a long story short it took 2 hours and 15 minutes to get to San Jose which is normally a 50 minute drive. At one point, I was able to read Tessa a book because we were barely moving. I listened to The Secret the whole way down there which kept me in a great mood! I LOVE that book! I've listened to it like 7 times already!

10:15am - We arrived at my aunts and start doing stuff that we needed to get done for the day I took Tessa's temperature and it was back up to 103 degrees. So I gave her Motrin and debated on whether or not I should make an appointment at the doctors. Tessa was for the most part acting fairly normal. I felt so bad for my little girl!

11ish am - My aunt and I were sitting at the table when Tessa was walking around the room. All of the sudden out of no where the dog (a black lab) bit Tessa. I immediately rushed over to her and she started to cry. Yes, the dog broke the skin where he bit her on her left forearm. You could see 6 teeth marks on the top of her arm--which did not brake the skin, and then one tooth mark on the bottom of her arm which was bleeding. The cut was about 1/2 inch and a little open. I stared to cry when I saw that. I've never cried before when she's gotten hurt, but that was a little traumatic for me to see. Fortunately my aunt is great with cuts and scraps and fixed her all up. I guess "they" (those in the medical field) are saying that you shouldn't use hydrogen peroxide or alcohol on open cuts anymore, that you should only use soap and water to clean it. The other two damage the tissue too much around the wound more then it actually cleans. The soap is a more mild agent. I thought this bit of info was interesting and useful to have. Poor little Tessa. I felt so bad for her....After a rough night and 103 degree temp. she gets bitten by a dog. I held her for most of the rest of the time we were there. Anyway, after a few minutes, the cut started swelling a little and getting red. My aunt suggested that I make an appointment in case there was infection, so I did.

2:30pm - Tessa and I headed for home. We stopped at the Minor Injury Clinic in Pleasanton. Jason was just getting off work so he joined us there. We saw a doctor who gave her an antibiotic and told us to keep giving her Motrin for the fever. We ended up being there about an hour and a half because there was a lot of people and the pharmacy took forever to fill the prescription.

5:00pm - We finally got home. I'm so glad that Jason met us at the clinic. It was comforting to have him there. I didn't realize how hungry I was until we got home. So I quickly made a calzone and enjoyed every bite!

That night the Rosenhan's came over for a little bit. It was nice to chat and hang out. I needed that relaxing break! What a long day it had been! Jason and I went to bed at like 10pm because we were both exhausted emotionally. I was just glad that Tessa was okay and that we were all safe and sound if our beds!

3 comments:

art history alli said...

Oh my heck!!
How scary!!! What a traumatic day for Tessa. I always hate it when my nieces and nephews are sick or injured- I'll probably turn out to be the mom that freaks out when kid coughs! LOL
Hope she is doing better.

TimLoraKat said...

You poor things! I can't believe her nightmares. That is just awful. I am glad that she is better now!

Ms. said...

My goodness hard day! That is so sad that the tremors scared her was it from cold? As long as it wasn't seizures. Poor little baby!