We were talking outside with our neighbors yesterday asking what each other was doing for the evening. I told her that we didn't have anything to do, but that I just wanted to get out of the house! My dear neighbor immediately suggested that we leave Tessa with her and go on a date...I quickly agreed, not wanting to change my mind and suggested to Jay that we go bowling. I figure it's quick and we hadn't done it since dated. Luckily our neighbor has a dog and recently bought a duck at the fair, so Tessa was too busy to notice us leaving! We quickly left and played a game at Granada Bowl....which ended up costing $18.00! $5 a game per person and $3 for shoes. I couldn't believe it....one game cost that much and it only took us 20 minutes! Crazy. I just don't remember it ever costing that much! Anyway, we had a lot of fun and it was cool going there because that is where Jason formally asked me out on our first date and we hadn't been there since! After bowling we headed to my favorite ice cream place, The Dairy, in downtown Pleasanton. (Oh- and we stopping at Safeway and OSH to get a couple things to avoid errands for the next day.) After getting our ice cream we walked downtown a little. It was so nice to go on a spur of the moment date. I love it because it keeps life interesting. We ended up only being gone for an hour and a half, but we didn't care...we were revitalized! After we got home, we stayed outside talking to our neighbors until 9pm! Tessa was playing with their youngest, who's 10ish, in her play house that we have set up for her in our backyard. I love our neighbors...they already feel like family! I always know that Tessa is safe in their hands....and it's nice to have a free baby sitter once in a while! As Jay and I were walking inside, we both agreed that this is how summer nights should be spent. Talking outside with neighbors and enjoying the fresh air! The weather was perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better evening. We LOVE being outside! It was such a great evening. I am so thankful for days like this one.
Friday, June 27, 2008
a surprise date.
We were talking outside with our neighbors yesterday asking what each other was doing for the evening. I told her that we didn't have anything to do, but that I just wanted to get out of the house! My dear neighbor immediately suggested that we leave Tessa with her and go on a date...I quickly agreed, not wanting to change my mind and suggested to Jay that we go bowling. I figure it's quick and we hadn't done it since dated. Luckily our neighbor has a dog and recently bought a duck at the fair, so Tessa was too busy to notice us leaving! We quickly left and played a game at Granada Bowl....which ended up costing $18.00! $5 a game per person and $3 for shoes. I couldn't believe it....one game cost that much and it only took us 20 minutes! Crazy. I just don't remember it ever costing that much! Anyway, we had a lot of fun and it was cool going there because that is where Jason formally asked me out on our first date and we hadn't been there since! After bowling we headed to my favorite ice cream place, The Dairy, in downtown Pleasanton. (Oh- and we stopping at Safeway and OSH to get a couple things to avoid errands for the next day.) After getting our ice cream we walked downtown a little. It was so nice to go on a spur of the moment date. I love it because it keeps life interesting. We ended up only being gone for an hour and a half, but we didn't care...we were revitalized! After we got home, we stayed outside talking to our neighbors until 9pm! Tessa was playing with their youngest, who's 10ish, in her play house that we have set up for her in our backyard. I love our neighbors...they already feel like family! I always know that Tessa is safe in their hands....and it's nice to have a free baby sitter once in a while! As Jay and I were walking inside, we both agreed that this is how summer nights should be spent. Talking outside with neighbors and enjoying the fresh air! The weather was perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better evening. We LOVE being outside! It was such a great evening. I am so thankful for days like this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We should go bowling together. Those scores look strikingly similar! BTW, we are going to be living in PLEASANTON!
What a great night! Next time you need another date - come drop Tessa off over here - seriously! Emily would LOVE playing with her!
And I love the picture of the bare-belly girls! That is great!
Post a Comment