Rexburg Temple...So Beautiful
Day 2-My little sister (well she's only 18 months younger, but whatever!) graduated from Brigham Young University Idaho today. What a neat experience it was! We arrived in Rexburg at freezing cold temperatures around 1pm to greet the graduate at her apartment. She lived in the same apartments (Nauvoo House) that I lived in when I was there. It was total deja vu being back in my old apartment. Fond memories surfaced...It was fun to be back for a quick visit. My family and I went to the graduate luncheon at 2:30pm which had very yummy food, especially since I was starving! Then we went to the Commencement Ceremony at 5:00pm with all 500 and something graduates for the procession and talks. The ceremony was followed by the actual handing of the diploma at 7:00pm. It was a long day, but so incredible to see my sister accomplish something so important that she will always have with her as a example to live by for her future family! Poor Tessa was still a little out of sorts from the plane ride the day before and probably the climate difference. She ended up being fussy and squirmy pretty much the whole day. Silly me forgot to bring her stroller so we ended up just carrying Tessa all across campus in the 20 degree weather! Thank goodness for my dad for taking her when I couldn't take it anymore. Then on top of that it was way too hot in all the buildings we were in...so we were subjected to extreme hot and cold which made for a grumpy pair. All in all, I still wouldn't have missed it for the world and I am just grateful that I could be there for my sister on such a special day!All of the girls in the family!
The siblings...Me, John, and EmilySisters!
Almost the whole family was there, poor Jason had to stay home and earn the dough!
It was 20 degrees as we walked around campus....so cold, but we're still having fun!
My little Tessa...
Emmer's and Mikey...Mike is graduating in April. He came to support my sister and spent the afternoon with us! They are so cute together!
Emily graduated! This was taken after she received her diploma at the end of the day! Kiss, kiss!
![]()
Monday, December 17, 2007
Rexburg, here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
That is so awesome- Congrats Emily!
Those photos in Nauvoo House totally brought back so many memories (as they should b/c I lived there for almost 2 years!). I'm so glad you put a picture up of the temple- it really looks beautiful and will be used a ton. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment